JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This could also have impact challenging the rule that 80% must also be serialized prior to sale. Besides the obvious, it would sure be nice to avoid the associated serialization fees as well.

Severely undermine the alphabets efforts to populate their gun registry to boot.

Can't wait to see that one challenged.

Come on,...... Drop the NFA/GCA! So close, i can taste it!
Only in this club. Normies in large numbers, have no idea it even exists. They only know what their phone tells them is important.

My neighborhood of 20 years, is the most decorated with props and all than anytime before. Several hundreds worth of stuff. It may be for the children but save the tears 2 months from now.

To me this is slippery slope. Serial numbers weren't required when the 2A was written, what else wasn't around with the 2A? I see this as a mixed blessing.

Rewind all the infringments? I fail to see the problem. :s0155:
If it did not exist back then it's illegal now. Maybe I am interpreting this wrong if you use that time frame as the standard. I just don't trust the legal system to work in the 2A favor. I sure hope I am wrong.

Wow, if it stands certainly sounds like they would have to back down on the 80% then.
You would hope, but I doubt it. Even if the criminal charge drops off the books FFL's are still obligated to follow alphabet polices under threat of losing their license. Until the alphabet rule itself is challenged, I'm afraid we're stuck with it.

1665898843803.png

If it did not exist back then it's illegal now.
I get where you're going with that. I suppose (playing the devil's advocate) one could surmise that the script could be flipped back on firearm owners by saying that since certain items did not exist back in 1791, they wouldn't be covered by the 2A and can be legally infringed upon....Way too much lawyer-ese for a chit-kicker like me to figure out, but I do think the law works in mysterious ways.

Couple things off the top of my that didn't exist in 1791:
Semi-auto firearms
Primer fired cartridges
Magazines (as mentioned before)
Laser sights/Red Dots
Suppressors

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show