JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Value aside, what is the most sentimental firearm you own?

For me, it's my Ruger Mini-14 stainless factory folder. My dad never wanted to shoot it because he hated cleaning stainless guns.

2 of them. 1 is a German made .25 that was my Grandfathers. When he retired he bought a bar. Got stabbed twice. Grandma finally told him either he carries a gun or he sells the place. He bought the .25. I remember as a kid seeing him pick it up off a shelf in the kitchen to drop it in his pocket before kissing her and heading out to work. Shoot a few rounds through it now and then just for the hell of it. Other I still carry, S/A 1911 my Father bought in late 90's and carried at work for about a decade before he retired and moved out of the country. He is gone now for a good while and I think of him when I holster that pistol.

Mine is an older Ruger Security-Six .357 my father gave me. I haven't babied it in the least. It was my bear/halibut gun in Alaska. Every once in a great while, I think maybe I should trade it for something else I'd use more, but once I pick it up and hold it for a moment or two, it brings on a rush of cool memories. I'll never get rid of it.

My Father's Mannlicher-Schoenauer .30-06.

He killed his biggest Whitetail with it, and just about everything else:
Scan_20200527 (3).png

A Winchester Model 53, 32-20. I killed my first Deer with a rifle just like this one when I was 9. The rifle was my grandfather's and where it is today is anyone's guess. The guys I worked with gave me this one when I retired and it means a lot to me.

I'm a sentimental kind of guy. That's why it's hard for me to get rid of stuff.
The first firearms I ever shot had come to Dad when Grandpa passed away. Dad carried the Marlin 81DL to the lookout he worked at in the summers of 50 and 51. It's the first gun I ever shot. The other is the Ruger Standard 22. Second gun I ever shot, first handgun. I grew up with these.
81DL a.JPG Standard.jpg
Then the ol beater Winchester 1894 I carried hunting as a kid and young adult. This, too, came from Grandpa.

20200420_175923.jpg
There's more, but these three top the list.

1957 Savage model 99f in .308, was my dad's and was the first centerfire I ever shot. [dad is still kicking at 90]
The second is a Ruger mk1 .22 pistol that my mom found squished in the mud by the Madras dump 40 some odd years ago. [mom is gone now]
third is a Remington 722 in .257 Roberts my father in law found laying on a brush pile on a place he bought over by Monument 40 or so years ago [he is gone now too]

Three I'd say that were dad's. Well, the one was his step dad's who was in some law enforcement in the LA area..... A pre-model 15 S&W 6" .38 special dating roughly to '49-'50. With duty belt/holster. Wish I had the cuffs too. Dad's second model Colt Woodsman Match Target .22 pistol. With box, manual, bore brush and some targets the he shot doing pretty good groups from 50'. And finally A model 1917 that was sporterized to The Nth degree by dad shortly after he got out of the navy in 1947. All identifying marks were removed. The only way for ME to tell what it was is the safety position and bolt head. Even the safety pad was modified.

A few :

My 1962 20 gauge Wingmaster....first gun that I owned...was given to me by my grandfather.
My dad's Series '70 Government Model ...first handgun I ever shot.
And my .54 Hawken Rifle replica...made by a man who I greatly admire and was honored to call a friend.

All three have made many memories and I look forward to making more with them as well as passing them along someday.
Andy

Last Edited:
An old single shot K-Mart (Boito) 12ga my Dad bought when we moved here. Found a matching 20ga years ago still looking for the 410. My son has the Glenfield/Marlin 60 that my Dad had as well (grew up using both a lot). Next would be a Ruger super Single six that was the first handgun I bought back in 86 or 87 for around $160 new, that will go to the kid down the road. I have several others that will never get sold/traded and go to the kid when I kick the bucket.

A few :

My 1962 20 gauge Wingmaster....first gun that I owned...was given to me by my grandfather.
My dad's Series '70 Government Model ...first handgun I ever shot.
And my .54 Hawken Rifle replica...made by a man who I great admire and was honored to call a friend.

All three have made many memories and I look forward to making more with them as well as passing them along someday.
Andy
My oldest rifle is over 100 years old. I used it 2020 to take a deer.

Leave it to @Andy54Hawken to double that age!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top