JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, My HK45 and XDm9 have been shipped to Bill Springfield at "Trigger Work" to make me love them even more than I already do.

XDm9 is getting the Powder River Precision Ultimate Match trigger kit installed and a couple other accurizing tricks.

The HK is getting the works. Trigger job, accurizing, set screw for overtravel. Basically everything he offers, except the LEM conversion.

I will be very curious to see how much difference it makes. The XDm I could put 10 out of 10 in the 10pt hole on the body targets pretty regularly at 50 feet. The variance was always within 3 inches side to side, but a good 6 or more up/down. Some of that was from switching between the HK and the XD. The XD has six O'clock sites and the HK is on the dot / center mass / whatever you want to call it, but you cover what you want to hit with the front site.

So excited. Problem is that I am having my Browning buckmark hunter worked on in the same way locally leaving me with nothing but a Kel tec p3at to shoot at the range, and trust me that isn't fun.

Yep, one of the few who seem to have experience with this newer model, and WAY better pricing than most of the others.

One thing I would like to say also is that the local work I am having done is at Rich's Gun Shop in Donald. Reason I wanted to give them some props is that I originally brought my HK in with the Browning (I like my money to stay local if I can help it). Anyway, they admitted that they hadn't worked on the HK45 yet and thought it might be a better idea to find someone with experience with that model. I really respect that kind of honesty and customer care. They'll get any business I can send there way.

As long as my Buckmark comes back better than they got it, that is.

I guess I got lucky with my AR's. What happened to yours? You asked him for reimbursement I hope.
Failed the basic function check, with hammer follow. Results in such a condition will be fire on release (one shot with trigger pull, another when the trigger is released). I indeed should have requested that he cover the cost of new parts, but I had parts on hand. I could have most likely reworked the parts, but after I took a look at the engagements surfaces I realized there was no way I was putting them back in service.

I have heard good things about Bills work. The price is right. However I am sending my HK P30 to GrayGuns. Bruce Gray does great work and recoats all of the parts after sanding and polishing them. This is good in the long run. It costs quite a bit more than sending it to Bill, but you get what you pay for. Because of the price, I will send the P30 and then decide if I want to send others.

I have heard good things about Bills work. The price is right. However I am sending my HK P30 to GrayGuns. Bruce Gray does great work and recoats all of the parts after sanding and polishing them. This is good in the long run. It costs quite a bit more than sending it to Bill, but you get what you pay for. Because of the price, I will send the P30 and then decide if I want to send others.

I considered GrayGuns, but Bill's price was just too good to pass up. I plan on getting a P30L in the future so depending on the results I get with Bill, I might consider them next time. Be sure to let us know how yours turns out!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top