JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i posted this as a response to someone on the forum, but after reading it I think it's worth a separate post. Please feel free to add your own suggestions. I didn't address including quality pictures, for example. Here goes.

Just a note for those people selling or trading firearms here. Your integrity is all you have going for you. One really negative post on your trading feedback can sabotage your future sales or trades. Nobody with any sense will take a chance on you once that happens.

Be honest about round count. If you don't know exactly how many you put through it, overestimate it and be honest that it's an estimate.

Fess up to any problems the weapon might have had. That includes trips back to the manufacturer and what they did to correct the problem. Be willing to drop the asking price a bit if necessary.

Thoroughly clean and lightly lubricate any weapon you're putting up for trade/sale. Assume you're selling to a smart person who will at least field strip the gun before they commit to buying it. I just sold my Walther PPS M2 yesterday and the buyer did just that. You don't want to be standing there at the FFL when the internals of your pistol look like it came out of the La Brea Tar Pits.

Finally, although you may not want to go this far, I always inform people who buy any of my firearms to call or text me if there's even the slightest problem with them. I'd rather take the gun back and refund their money before things get to the point where they post negative feedback on my profile. For people who I haven't sold to or traded with before, my feedback is the only thing they can see that tells them what kind of a person I am.

Also, when I'm on the receiving end and get a pistol that has problems, which luckily hasn't yet happened, I would at least give the seller the chance to make it right before posting anything negative about him/her. People are usually willing to do the right thing if you're honest with them. Not always, but more often than not.

My two cents, anyway.

Why good tips, many people even gun owners are not always honest about details.
Its like buying a car, buyer beware. People think puffery is OK, and often do it.
Like.... runs great, and hardly driven is puffery. Saying it has new tires when it doesn't is a lie.

When it comes to firearms I listen to the seller. But really I do my own inspection and then its on me to buy or pass.
I have been ripped off allot in my life, so I do not take people at their words most times on a sale.

On the buyers side, Id say do you own checks, and don't go to the seller complaining there is something wrong unless they lied about it. Even then its comes down to you not them.

On the seller.
Meet for a overview of item, in a public place that has a camera on the parking lot etc.

I assume any item I sell or buy from a private party has zero warranty.

When you've agreed to something, hold to it. Show up at agreed meetings, on time. Even if you you have buyers/traders/sellers regret, hold to your word.
Do not EVER reneg on a deal if you receive a better offer after you've accepted a deal.

As has already been stated, all we have with our online presences is our word. All we have in life is the same, but it goes double hear where sometimes it's difficult to gauge intentions. I have the same screen name everywhere, so I know if I screw up, I'd have to completely reinvent myself everywhere.

If a deal goes south, after the deal is done, make it right. This can happen, but it behooves is to work with the other party to come to an amiable solution. I've paid for repairs on guns I've sold before, and sometimes I've split bills.

This is a long drawn out way to say the following:

Your reputation is your most valuable possession. Cherish it and protect it.

Remember that even if you have the most high end parts on your custom gun....
That is only a selling point , if the buyer thinks the same as you do, of the parts or modifications...Chances are that you will not get back the money you spent on those things in a sale or trade.

Also , keep in mind , that what one gun sells for at one time of place , may be vastly different than at another.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads