JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am interested in selling some accessories (no ammo or firearms) and do not want to use PayPal.

My concern with using them is that they will cancel an account if they think there is anything firearms related.

Before everyone says don't mention firearms, I have another (expensive) hobby that involves buying & selling predominately online and the major sites where I do this require you to use PayPal exclusively. I do not want to screw this other hobby up because of PayPal's stupid rules.

So, what are the options that you fine folks use to buy & sell on the forum that are not PayPal and still provide a good experience/protection for the buyer & seller (other than cash face-to-face)?

Thanks!

Bottom line: Zelle is a fast, simple, and free mobile payment application that allows you to send money from your bank account to anyone you already know and trust.

I haven't actually ever tried Zelle

Zelle is a good option. Links directly to your account. Funds are instant or nearly instant. Will not provide any protection for the buyer however and some people prefer to not send money to a seller they don't know.

You can also sell firearm and non firearm related items here. There are forums for both. Local is always a good option for both the seller and the buyer.

Zelle:

You agree that you will not use the Service to request, send or receive money related to any of the following:

• Pharmaceuticals and other controlled substances;
  • Illegal drugs;
  • Drug paraphernalia;
  • Firearms, ammunition or other weapons;

Bruce

I am interested in selling some accessories (no ammo or firearms) and do not want to use PayPal.

My concern with using them is that they will cancel an account if they think there is anything firearms related.

Before everyone says don't mention firearms, I have another (expensive) hobby that involves buying & selling predominately online and the major sites where I do this require you to use PayPal exclusively. I do not want to screw this other hobby up because of PayPal's stupid rules.

So, what are the options that you fine folks use to buy & sell on the forum that are not PayPal and still provide a good experience/protection for the buyer & seller (other than cash face-to-face)?

Thanks!
Beans, rice, peanut butter and ramen.

If you can't risk it, don't do it. A few $$ here and there isn't worth whatever your other hobby is assuming that other hobby is turning some profit.

But for the sake of answering your question, Zelle or Venmo is fine. People who have been doing this for awhile understands not to mention anything "firearms".

It seems the payment industry hates guns.
Yes, this is by design. Regulators can put pressure on payment companies that explicitly allow guns. The only real way for them to get out from under regulator scrutiny is to comply with their unofficial list of "problematic transactions". How the company proceeds after that (e.g. if they just ignore people using the service for problematic transactions or if they militantly crack down on anything that they even suspect as being related to those transactions) is a matter of corporate culture. Vemo has historically been pretty lax, PayPal is pretty militant in enforcement.

But at the end of the day the government and big government aligned businesses will do whatever they can to make firearms and firearms related transactions as difficult as possible. A well armed population is an anathema to their machinations.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top