JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would chalk this up to a learning experience and move on. There's a lot of anxiety in the gun community right now so things may be a little more heated than normal.

Communications is always a good thing.

This just happened to me. I PMed a seller last night with "I'll take it", they replied with their location and said they could meet almost anytime. So I replied with some options of when and where to meet today (me coming to their location). I haven't heard back from them even after several PMs which I know they have read because they have logged on several times between last night and today. Now I just noticed that the sales thread is closed and opening post is blanked out.

I think it's just a case of greediness and wanting to get a higher price, even if it means going back on your word and backing out of a deal that you've already committed to.

So should I leave negative feedback for this person? :)

This just happened to me. I PMed a seller last night with "I'll take it", they replied with their location and said they could meet almost anytime. So I replied with some options of when and where to meet today (me coming to their location). I haven't heard back from them even after several PMs which I know they have read because they have logged on several times between last night and today. Now I just noticed that the sales thread is closed and opening post is blanked out.

I think it's just a case of greediness and wanting to get a higher price, even if it means going back on your word and backing out of a deal that you've already committed to.

Just happened to me just now... The honesty of sellers on this site has headed downhill fast. I had an agreement last night for an Osprey Upper and the seller gave me his # and we agreed on a location. I tried contacting him this morning and then again in the afternoon. I didn't want to hound him but then I figure he's probably at work since he said he's only available in the early afternoon and then Saturday morning. I have been up all night thinking about the purchase and even took the day off from work to meet up with the seller, using my last bit of vacation. I noticed now that he has updated the thread as sold and closed the thread... Really? You can't even respond to my message? Well, karma sucks but I completely understand if some people just need the money and don't give a rats about keeping their word. By the way, this has happened to me 3 times within the past month from people on this site. Agree to deal, exchange numbers, time comes and I get ignored and then keep waiting...waiting... Nadda. Luckily yesterday, I was able to go 1/4 and complete a deal.

i would say no on the bad feedback, kind of a grey area as you never had a meet or arrangement set.

i would say no on the bad feedback, kind of a grey area as you never had a meet or arrangement set.

I would leave negative feedback. "I'll take it" with a reply back with location and stating they can meet "almost anytime" is an agreement as far as I'm concerned. I would hope other buyers would leave negative feedback in cases like this so I know who to avoid doing business with.

I agree with all this, but,

I had a deal with a guy on here that asked for OBO, he negotiated on my offer and I accepted his counter offer. we schedule to meet and he had something come up and said we will do it tomorrow. Before the second meet he told me he sold them for double. I left him bad feedback, he followed by leaving me bad feedback calling me a crybaby., so here i sit with one negative feedback on my record that i have reported 3 times to the mods with no answer. If the mods are going to allowed bs retaliatory negative feedback from a flaky seller your posting of negative to them could affect you.

YES...

I agree with all this, but,

I had a deal with a guy on here that asked for OBO, he negotiated on my offer and I accepted his counter offer. we schedule to meet and he had something come up and said we will do it tomorrow. Before the second meet he told me he sold them for double. I left him bad feedback, he followed by leaving me bad feedback calling me a crybaby., so here i sit with one negative feedback on my record that i have reported 3 times to the mods with no answer. If the mods are going to allowed bs retaliatory negative feedback from a flaky seller your posting of negative to them could affect you.

tell the mod's the story and see if they will remove it..

If the won't remove put a message on your site.

Ok thank you all for the feed back...Jeepseth im not on here to make friends really but i was like wow on how many people were rite off the back saying im wrong...

i also would like to say i do want to be fair in my dealings with people because i honestly am not here to rip off fellow firearm people especially now when we need to stick together. I do understand if my lack of communication was not fair i will take that.

i only can say that the second meeting was not set nor did we talk about setting one up as i said i would let him know because i was coming off of working overtime at my job to me the first meeting was a deal but after that its not...this was only my second sale i know now a better way to go about this.

i did apologize to the guy even though he made it sound i ruined his holiday but other than that's all i can do is learn from this. again thanks for the feedback.

Just happened to me just now... The honesty of sellers on this site has headed downhill fast. I had an agreement last night for an Osprey Upper and the seller gave me his # and we agreed on a location. I tried contacting him this morning and then again in the afternoon. I didn't want to hound him but then I figure he's probably at work since he said he's only available in the early afternoon and then Saturday morning. I have been up all night thinking about the purchase and even took the day off from work to meet up with the seller, using my last bit of vacation. I noticed now that he has updated the thread as sold and closed the thread... Really? You can't even respond to my message? Well, karma sucks but I completely understand if some people just need the money and don't give a rats about keeping their word. By the way, this has happened to me 3 times within the past month from people on this site. Agree to deal, exchange numbers, time comes and I get ignored and then keep waiting...waiting... Nadda. Luckily yesterday, I was able to go 1/4 and complete a deal.

I've done a bunch of deals with members here and this is the first one that has fallen through after we had an agreement. Hopefully things will start working out for you. If you have anything to sell, let me know. :)

To the others who gave me advice on whether or not to leave negative feedback, well I'm not going to do that. Karma usually bites people who act like that sooner or later, no need for me to get involved.

I would have tried to deal with the first buyer. At least give one more opportunity and let them know if they can't meet you have another offer you're going to accept. I have agreed to sell something then gotten a better offer.

Ok thank you all for the feed back...Jeepseth im not on here to make friends really but i was like wow on how many people were rite off the back saying im wrong...

i also would like to say i do want to be fair in my dealings with people because i honestly am not here to rip off fellow firearm people especially now when we need to stick together. I do understand if my lack of communication was not fair i will take that.

i only can say that the second meeting was not set nor did we talk about setting one up as i said i would let him know because i was coming off of working overtime at my job to me the first meeting was a deal but after that its not...this was only my second sale i know now a better way to go about this.

i did apologize to the guy even though he made it sound i ruined his holiday but other than that's all i can do is learn from this. again thanks for the feedback.
I understand if you're not on here "to make friends', but i feel the site is more of a community than a lot of the other options out there. I dont post everyday, or hang out with the guys from the board, but if you just want to buy and sell, there are other " outdoor trading" (ahem ahem) sites where you can post things for sale and not worry if people even respond to your ads. I like to think people on this board are a little better than other places, and we all have our moments, but having bought on multiple other sites, I have had, across the board overwhelmingly positive interactions on this site. Don't take this the wrong way, if youre not out to make friends, that's fine, but i feel like the people here have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome, or treated me like a friend even though they didn't know me from Adam. Sorry if that hasnt been your experience, just feel like i need to tell how things have worked for me.

I just sold my shotgun on here I missed out on two opportunities to sell it while negotiating with someone. I didnt even complete a deal with the person I was negotiating with while it kinda sucked to me its all part of being a fair seller. If I make a deal I give the person the opportunity to complete the deal and if there are other offers I let the first guy know and give him a chance before taking the second.

I think we have all been screwed and got stuck in traffic once or twice. Your not wrong in not waiting so you could make it to work, but you are wrong in then giving the opportunity for a follow up meeting and selling it before then.

Honestly, like others, I think you made a mistake. But it doesn't sound like you did it with malicious intent. I think if I were the buyer that got hosed, it would go a long way if you came out and made a public apology. Name names, and throw yourself under the bus. Mistakes happen, but public apologies can make a difference...

if you agree to a price and a deal stick to it. Period. Even to say to this guy someone else will pay more do you want to match it is better then selling out from under him but its still a crap deal.

If you do a OBO post fine, but when you take an offer the deal is done. If your not sure tell the offer "let me think on it for a day", if a higher offer comes in great as there was no deal to be broken.

Didn't read anything after this, no reason too.

That being said, I hope the guy doesn't give you a bad review. Seems like you learned something with this, and there will be another (whatever) come along for the butt-hurt would be buyer. I've felt like I've been there myself but the pain goes away and it's just not that big of deal. It's certainly not worth dumping a bad review on you.

Mike

I'm curious if the aledged inconsiderates have a lot of good feedbacks? Maybe a good idea to look at the profiles of some of the peole LEAVING the feedback. Newbies maybe aren't going to leave bad feed back, but long time, upstanding members would, just sayin'.

There is also the option of middle feedback ya' know.

The powers really should look at a negative feedback and determine if it's retaltory or justified and possibly remove it?
"Cry baby", really? That's adult........

Mike

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top