JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Madcrate and I once again agree on something other than Savage 99's. Joken got a good dig in on Tasco (I gave them at least the respect of capitalization). Cal30 kind of hit it on the head: If the gun sports a scope that is complimentary towards the gun (in other words, THE scope for the gun), then you might realize your value selling it all as a package, especially if the mounts are of like quality. Saves the buyer a lot of male cow excrement toward getting what he wants. If it is a good gun with a crappy scope (little t), then you might offer the scope merely as an option to close the deal without really expecting much from the addition.

As a general rule, if you can sell your items individually you will see more profit. The cost of that profit is the additional time it may take to sell the items individually. In short you have to find more than one willing buyer for your items to make most money, thus more work finding the buyer to match the gear you are selling. The shortcut is definately to sell it as a package, but generally you will have to sacrifice some $$$ to sell the package as a whole. Unless of course all the stars have aligned and you stumble into the shopper who is looking for EXACTLY what you have... IMO you might as well invest in lottery tickets.

Another option is to list it as a package, but give price break downs for each item in the package, so few people do this, but I think it's probably the best option.:s0155:

I have found that it all depends on your market. If you are selling a "gun person" type gun, unless it's a high quality expensive optic (leupold, etc) it really ads no value BUT if you sell a hunting rifle in the local paper to a once-a-year shooter, that elcheapo $20 scope can make the deal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top