JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Everyone. I'm looking for recommendations about self-defense batons. Everything I have browsed appear to me not much better than a telescoping car antenna. Haven't had one of these in years and would like to add a couple. Formerly had one that was like a smallish baseball bat. Wonder whatever happened to it? Build my own? Ideas? Many thanks. Pops1911

I'll take that bet... you'll get a broken wrist and a bruised hammy at a minimum. ;)

As a young man I was at the T&R restaurant and bar that was also a truck stop. Watched a fight and the bigger guy took away the stick from the smaller guy then spanked him with it like he was a child. I am no fan of sticks but in the hands of a well trained man a fellow could get hurt.:D

Edited to add, those sticks are considered a weapon and an old gent like me would shoot someone that threatens him. If you are going armed go big:D

When the going gets tough, the tough don't reach for a car antenna. lol

e8e.jpg

Fan of ASP telescoping batons! Carried the same one in my truck for around 35 years.
A couple of points about the advisability of defending yourself with a Tonya Knocker.
First the old, "tried by twelve or carried by six!"
Don't do catastrophic damage! Hit major muscle groups not skulls!

Fan of ASP telescoping batons! Carried the same one in my truck for around 35 years.
A couple of points about the advisability of defending yourself with a Tonya Knocker.
First the old, "tried by twelve or carried by six!"
Don't do catastrophic damage! Hit major muscle groups not skulls!
They hurt like hell across the for arm and the shin lol I can tell you about the shin because I have been hit by one HEHEE it was not by someone else I was goofing around and hit myself in the shin hehehe I have a telescopeing one I carry with me at work you can find them on eBay there are some good ones and some junk do your research

They usually come with a cheap carry case I made a better one for mine I posted this picture in another thread but here you go I can't carry a gun at work and I do all my deliveries at night and you would be surprised at the people you run into behind a McDonald's at 03:00 MVIMG_20180130_170820.jpg MVIMG_20180130_170810.jpg

Sticks and knives are merely extensions of the hand.
Well that's true but when if have to defend myself AGAINST a drug addict I don't want to go hand to hand with some junkie that has a needle full of dope and blood so pepper spray and a stick helps 2 times I have went out the place where they keep the pallets behind the store and found a junkie sitting on the pallets one time me and the kid at a store in Spokane walked in on a dude with needle in his arm or back of hand probably because his vains in his are were collapsed

Thanks everyone. Good input. I'm an old dawg and accept the potential risks/rewards of carrying anything that can be used for self defense. I also am choosing to live a reasonably safe lifestyle. Still I go equipped wherever I go. Like the old meme ... I'm too old to take an a$$ whoopin' and too slow to out run one. Such is the conundrum of aging gracefully. Pops

I took a crav magra class years ago for a few weeks with one of my nephews but he quit so I quit also I should do it again just to get my lazy but up and do more exercise besides walking LOL and drinking beer

Thanks everyone. Good input. I'm an old dawg and accept the potential risks/rewards of carrying anything that can be used for self defense. I also am choosing to live a reasonably safe lifestyle. Still I go equipped wherever I go. Like the old meme ... I'm too old to take an a$$ whoopin' and too slow to out run one. Such is the conundrum of aging gracefully. Pops
Yep just being aware of your surroundings can keep you out of trouble most of the time

Yah, we are old too.

Stay out of bad places!!!

My wife just refuses to carry her gun on her daily walks... so I bought her some pepper spray and an extendable baton. She doesn't carry those either. :rolleyes: But at least she woulda had something to use against sh*theads and Rottweilers. Now I have it in the car as a lesser option to shooting someone.

CINFTvd.png

I don't know if you guys down in Oregon saw this but yesterday a girl on a motorcycle on i5 in Fife Milton area had a run in with some guy on the freeway road rage guy gets out of his car and attacks here they fight on the ground she gets up and pulls her gun and drops him in the hammer lane fight over she was taken into arrested .he got a ride in the corner car in a bag she was released this morning

The news of course is not really telling the whole story but face book post say there was two people in the car and the guy attacked her off here bike

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top