JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Alone" The docu drama about the life of Christopher Mcandles. I always kinda liked that one.

And then also
"Alone in the wilderness" about Dick Proenneke living alone in alaska, all self documented is friggin amazing! (If you havent seen it)
Apparently theres four 1 hour long films put together by Bob Swerrer from Dicks diarys and recordings. i think the only way to see those is by purchasing them? Theres snippets out there all over the place.
First segment:
The full special i saw on KCTS/PBS shows the full cabin construction sequence. Pretty tallented guy.

"One mans alaska" narrated by Dick Proenneke.

Gringo : the dangerous life of John McAfee.

Another creepy slimeball true story
Please cite sources if known.
I have the McAfee one in my queue somewhere lol. (I think Amazon)

Check out "the creepy line"
And "google and the world brain"
Both on Amazon.

In one (can't remember which, but one of these two) they talk about how google isnt supposed to have then ability to shut down the entire internet, but it has actually happened already when they shut down all of japans internet for a while "on accident" of course.

In google and the world brain they discuss their project of copying (digitizing) every single book in the world WITHOUT even discussing it with the authors. They would go and pay a library curator (and BIG SURPRISE) often a college library to "manage" their catalogue and tell them they would digitize it for the benifit of the entire world, and they did this all over the world.
When authors found out obviously they were massively PO'd and sued.

The funniest part was it was in some district lower level sup. court of something. Google was of course winning the case (because we all know our courts are paid shills these days) until a lawyer comes up presents here case representing a Japanese author and basically just states:
your "honor" this violates the treaty of peace signed at the end of WWII.
Judge IMMEDIATELY called recess to investigate. Spoiler alert, she WASN'T wrong..

This one was great.
"Antarctica a year on ice"

"The women have a saying here. The odds are good, the goods are odd." Lol. Ouch.

I find it utterly fascinating how your entire room can fill with ice from just the tiniest cracks. Id think the crack would seal itself first.

The movie competition they have is pretty great too. Looks fairly fun.

Screenshot_2021-04-10-03-34-51.png

Last Edited:
Find it on YouTube:

"Treasure Is Where You Find It"

About the firearms imported from Nepal.

Aloha, Mark
Just heard tonight on i think it was gun stories on the mp-44 about how Syrian freedom fighter opened a crate of about 500 or 5k (it was def. A 5.. Something ;)) of those mp-44's pretty much new unused it sounded like. Talk about treasure where ever you find it.. Man if they weren't living in craters, and ruble you could almost call it a jackpot.

Underworld inc. On Nat Geo has a decent episode about black market guns.
All these complete morons and their gun control obsession cant figure out people in huts make these things. And they are actually pretty damn good at it.
Heres a small part of it. It was a full hour long episode
With BPA and thr whole circle of life of black market guns.

Also vice did the short story on guns made in the cave of Afghanistan i think it was.
Not that i endorse vice at all at this point..

Last Edited:
i do have a soft spot for the nuclear docs. Heres a quick one.
Also radiation related. Its scary how often the safety light fails. Gets em almost every time.

Edit: going to add this one as well. I didn't know Russia had a "incident" with a RBMK reactor in seperate plant BEFORE Chernobyl. That kinda changes the whole perspective on the situation. Just mind boggling.

Last Edited:
Many of us are getting older and maybe we're ready to take a second or third dip into the pool? Or maybe, just looking to upgrade the old model? Then again.....maybe not.

Rrrright...to get a better idea of what's out there. Take a look at the many videos by : Better Bachelor.

Anyway, whatever......
These documentaries are interesting and there are actually many more like it.

Which also bring up the subject of videos about finding a retirement place that might just check all of your boxes/requirements?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Many of us are getting older and maybe we're ready to take a second or third dip into the pool? Or maybe, just looking to upgrade the old model? Then again.....maybe not.

Rrrright...to get a better idea of what's out there. Take a look at the many videos by : Better Bachelor.

Anyway, whatever......
These documentaries are interesting and there are actually many more like it.

Which also bring up the subject of videos about finding a retirement place that might just check all of your boxes/requirements?

Aloha, Mark
The term "Go fish"comes to mind. I love my freedom too much.

If you like motorcycling, Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman have three awesome documentaries of long range motorcycle adventures.

Long Way Round is a run from London to New York across Europe and Asia, oh and across North America too. Mongolia is awesome, Ukraine and Kazakhstan, also awesome but a little scary. Road of Bones across Siberia is a trip.

Long Way Down is from the upper tip of Scotland to the tip of Africa. Friendlier terrain, more logistics obsticles.

Long Way Up is from the tip of South America to LA. On electric bikes, prototype Harleys. This one was actually the first one we watched. It was good.

All on Netflix, all family friendly.

-Dean

You people are killing me.

I might have to quit my job for a year and get my Doc binge on. I barely stay awake for "forged in fire" anymore.
And that's my designated TV night.

Here ya go, heres one you can explore his music while at work or in your car etc. And then watch the doc. When you have time.
Personally i think hes way better than bob Dylan. Never really been a fan of Dylan. Not horrible, just not my cup of tea. Its mostly the voice.
Sixto Rodriguez AKA Sugarman OR simply Rodriguez has a MUCH more pleasant voice.

I totally forgot about this one but caught myself humming one if his songs today. The story is amazing. This guy was a musician. Made like 2 - 3 records and quit after being unsuccessful. Absolutely NO ONE knew he was literally more popular than Elvis down in So. America. "They" all thought he was dead, hardly anyone actually bothered looking for him. They say he pretty much wrote the anthem to apartheid revolution. This ones a tear jerker in a good way!
May i present:
"Searching for Sugar Man" (2012)
Read the reviews if you dont believe me (all raving). Its probably one of my top 5 all time greatest documentaries.

Its on amazon. And well worth the $3 rental. It used to only be on netflix but on the DVD side only.
I know his music is also on amazon prime music.

Last Edited:
Took a bit of digging to find this one for free. Get it while its hot!

This is about the housing bubble. Laid out and explained in a way that most anyone could understand.
REALLY goes to show at the heart of it, ALL of our government is not "for, or by the people" at all. Its all rigged. The presidents, CEO's, wall street investors and lobbyists rule upon high. Violate laws with impunity and change the laws later.
I like how it emphasizes that it really was planned and rigged. People warned. This WILL happen again. So watch it, and think about how this will develope next time around.

No thats not it.. :confused:
Lets try again!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews