JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
....that's more for pistols than long guns.

Been looking at the 'Ultimate versatile' by Garrett Wade @ $100 + jaw inserts & shipping=over $150. Maybe I don't need a 2 axis capacity yet it seems so useful.

Links/comments/warnings/bawdy humor solicited.

Good luck. You can either buy cheap and crappy at the Big Box, or be prepared to spend some serious coin. That said, if you think prices on bench vises are bad, check out machinists vises :eek:. Sorry, I know that's not really helpful, good luck.

Dave

ETA: Actually went and looked at it, looks like a nice unit, nor does the price seem out of line. DON'T skip the 2 axis adjustability, especially for gun work. Being able to get a work piece in just the right orientation is worth a lot. It may not save you any money, but the savings in aggravation, priceless.

Last Edited:
Sorry... My mind is in a funny spot today. I read the thread title and immediate thought "As opposed to an indecent bench vise? Something wearing a skimpy 32 acp for example?"

Need...more...coffee...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top