JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It took me a while to get to this but Ive been staring at a pile of scrap wood and finally came up with a vision. My first attempt was super wobbly so I simplified it and now its pretty close to 100% stable for a portable DIY shooting table. Back and forth it doesnt move and solid, right and left is pretty darn good just a tiny amount of yaw thats stiff but not wobbly. The legs are tightened with 3/8 tee nuts and bolts, then slip out and store inside the frame for transport. I made it smaller and compact so it will fit inside my cab if needed. It weighs 42lbs. Its all repurposed scrap wood and testing in the woods is an unscientific guess of 95% stable platform to shoot from. How long it will last remains to be seen, I need to paint it.

diy shooting bench.jpg

Last Edited:
I do, but I added a lip in the front by extending the 2x's about 2" so I can put it on the tailgate of the truck and tip it up in the bed pretty easy to move it around. I needed something that didn't move at all for longer range shooting and it works perfect. So portable if you have a truck. Not so much if you don't.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top