JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you guys have completely missed the point. i am not talking about putting regulations on people, im talking about having government get out of our way and help provide training to those who want it. 20 minute training videos dont teach anyone anything. joining a club means you have plenty of discretionary funds, which not everyone has. its bad enough over regulation has made it so expensive to own weapons, its time to see those funds go to actually helping people, instead of paying the salaries of ATF jackboots.

this is not a none existent problem. pretending accidental deaths and injuries is not a problem is just as bad as ignoring the other problems discussed before. you were trying to say my view of this is distorted but you arent even trying to discuss it, you are sidestepping the problem by diverting to other issues. as i said before, this is the place where we discuss gun issues. you dont need to tell me the nation should be focused on other more important things, i already know that. we have all come here to look for a community that can work together for resources, information, and political cooperation.

why is it you want to continue to allow those who want to take our 2A rights away by not even joining the conversation from the other side? if you let those groups be the only ones talking about improving gun safety, they will be the only ones coming up with the ideas and none of them will actually be helpful. its how this right has been drained to the point where it is now. the laws have all but made owning a gun cost prohibitive and if it continues the problem will only get worse. we need to see training become more available and more affordable. as firearm education spreads, people will see that all of this crap in the news is distorted and begin to ignore it and seek more information.

you cannot expect people who are ignorant of the reality of guns to change their mind because those who do say its not the issue we focus on, we need to show them its not the issue we should focus on. in the mean time, we need to come up with ways to show them. maybe what im suggesting is not the best way to do it but at least im trying to come up with solutions. while you continue to ignore the opposition's arguments, they continue to come up with ways to bring more people to their side.

RE: "you guys have completely missed the point. i am not talking about putting regulations on people, im talking about having government get out of our way and help provide training to those who want it...."

The old DCM days of the 20th century US was closer to that ideal.

WA state guard armories are still supposed to be accessible to the public, via NRA affiliated clubs: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=38.20&full=true

... (5) Civilian rifle clubs affiliated with the National Rifle Association of America are permitted to use small arms ranges in the armories at least one night each week under regulations prescribed by the adjutant general.

that could be something worth looking into. unfortunately it doesnt do me any good here in oregon but it would be nice to see you guys in washington get a chance to organize something good for the community. seems like as soon as someone tried to get the ball rolling an anti group would come to block it. a sad truth that kinda undermines what ive been talking about. all the same, those are facilities that could easily be used for proper training without getting in the way of private businesses. still problematic for costs, considering you have to be a member of a club and pay to rent the place your taxes are already paying for.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews