JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At the news conference that was held by the Seattle Mayor as this event unfolded, he of course took the opportunity to tout the fact a change to firearms laws will need to be looked at. Closing the "Gun Show loophole" and the ease at which people can get guns is just part of what he said will help fix this gun violence problem. City Councilman jumped right in with him like a parrot sitting on the Mayors shoulder.

Start addressing the CRIMINAL element and enforcing the laws Mr. Mayor, try that! Not pushing your hypocritical anti-gun agenda. One nut goes on a killing spree and its every gun owners fault. Once again the evil law abiding gun owner is grouped in with the gang bangers and criminals. It just has to be the guns fault, it just has to! What a crock! -G

Remember that guy who casually waltzed into a "coffee shop" and killed those 4 cops? they shot that guy on site when they found him. One could only wonder if this perp didn't put one in his head himself, if the cops would have treated him the same way they treated a "cop killer", the police seem to treat a cop killer differently than they do your average run of the mill killer, now one can only wonder if LEO's are under the impression that their lives are worth more than ours.

No, they don't. They realize that anyone willing to shoot a cop is a bigger threat to everyone than a "regular" shooter.

What is that even supposed to mean?

Let me rephrase that....what is it you are trying to say? is it supposed to be sarcastic or a serious statement? what is a regular shooter?

Seattle and Washington gun owners need to rally for rights.. As I say, with freedom comes a price and freedom has it's downsides, but the opposite of freedom, oppression, has a worst outcome on us all. A few people will suffer because of a few maniacs who abuse the freedom. What they want to do is strip the freedoms away from law abiding citizens because they feel we cannot be trusted. It's no surprise in a police-state where people have limited freedoms there is low crimes. In fact, it is the government who commits most of the crimes. If we look back to history, governments have been responsible for more cold-blooded killings of their own innocent civilians, than civilians have been responsible for killing one another. The numbers are astronomical in comparison.

Perhaps, they should ban people from going to coffeeshops/cafes and impose a curfew, since most murders and robberies happen after a certain time and the last shooting was in a coffeeshops. Maybe certain people shouldn't be allowed to wear certain type of clothing or listen to certain type of music, etc etc, etc. Without a gun, this psychopath could have just as easily got into a car and ran down a bunch of children during school hours at a crosswalk, which could have resulted in more deaths. Should cars be banned too now? There is no end to what freedoms they can take away from us to protect us from ourselves.

I am moving to Washington (once again) and hope I can contribute to gun-rights activities in the state. In Idaho, where I live, nobody feels threatened about losing RKBA. However, in Washington, this is a right we cherish and worry about losing, like many other states have in this country. I really hope people can be pro-active.

In all honesty, anyone willing to put a bullet in his head will have no problem buying an illegal weapon. With the large presence of Russian and Eastern European mafia in Washington state, illegal weapons are as easy to buy as hard drugs. People willing to die will get them. The only thing that will dissuade the maniacs from commiting their rampages is harsher punishments. In some countries people are tortured to death or suffer horrible and thrown into solitary confinement for life for committing acts of murder. Perhaps, we should have a media blackout, who trumpets these maniacs and gives them a footstool to martyr themselves. I think the names of the people who commit the acts are unimportant and they shouldn't get to share their life stories, message and gain the fame they seem to for these atrocious acts. Look at the maniac in Norway, for example, they truly fulfilled his dreams.. He himself was mocking them for the whole legal process and thanking them for the publicity they gave him.

Of course, the kneejerk reaction to most is to ban guns.. Maybe it can work in cities with already low rate of crime like in Singapore, but in America, cities that have banned guns have some of the highest murder rates in the country. We need to change our system and address cultural issues of our society.

Anyway, that's the best I Can contribute now. I feel horrible and pray for the families.

Fractured ‘Emerald’ – Seattle homicides surge, Ceasefire dances in blood

... People are wondering what is happening in Seattle. Even KOMO’s Ken Schram stated on the air that this is not typical of the image people have of the city…

<broken link removed>

Looks like one perp did both shootings, and he had a history of mental illness.

He had two handguns - going to be interesting to see where he got them.

This is bad - on top of last weeks carnage, it is inevitable that we see someone in Olympia try and 'fix' the problem with more gun laws.

Remember that guy who casually waltzed into a "coffee shop" and killed those 4 cops? they shot that guy on site when they found him. One could only wonder if this perp didn't put one in his head himself, if the cops would have treated him the same way they treated a "cop killer", the police seem to treat a cop killer differently than they do your average run of the mill killer, now one can only wonder if LEO's are under the impression that their lives are worth more than ours.

Congrats on the most ignorant and irrelevant post I've read on this forum.

I had a discussion with a guy I work with who thinks that gun control needs to be amped up.Wrong,but he did raise some very good points about guns not being the only problem.The rap cult of death and violence disguised as a culture and the pervasive "you are so special" crap taught in school.Two groups who think they are due all the respect and perks of life and have no compunctions about lashing out when they feel disrespected or they have not got what life owes them.This is not a gun issue but rather a rot of our culture issue.

Well said. Many good points and the solution is to start with the young like we use to do and teach them the difference from right and wrong, respect for life and other people. Recognize the value of team work in a society. Educate them so they know something about the rest of the World? Ignorance is bliss and too rampant today among our youth.

The violence our kids are exposed too is so graphic and vivid now through their entertainment that they have been de sensitized to the pain and horror of death and learn the wrong lessons that violence is the proper response in conflict?

Another start would be to make it mandatory for all gun purchasers have to be cleared first and all mental or criminal recrods be current at the HQ for running the checks.

Finally, crack down on punks with guns and hit them hard if caught with one or if they use it illegally. Make them scared to death of being caught with a gun and a stolen one is worse?

Cut out all the politco BS about gun controls for legal owners and require all purchasing a gun to pass a safety test first one time. Make CWL's nationwide. Allow legal owners to protect themselves anywhere in the USA.

My 2 cents folks.

Well.... I personally knew at least two of the victims and when there names are given I'm betting I know the other two that were wounded and later died.... Great crazy bunch of guys who played fantastic music at the Cafe Racer every Thursday night.. For a couple of years in a row they had them play live at a motorcycle swap and show in Centrailia ... That makes a total of 5 people I personally knew that have been murdered in the last year.... What the heck is going on in the world?

I frown on the idea of tests before you can buy a gun.I've read about too many places where this has been used to deter people through cost and hassle of having to do this on a fairly annual basis.Harsh punishment for gun related crime,keeping things current for background checks and the one area where I think more money should be spent,treatment of the mentally ill.By this I mean taking them off of the streets and monitoring what the diagnosed are up to.

So, if this guy was as <broken link removed> he was, he shouldn't have had those firearms. What's the solution? Is there one?

The Times quoted his brother as saying his mental problems had arisen in the last five years, and he'd never received treatment. So technically he was probably able to buy guns legally because there was no formal diagnosis of mental illness or any type of involuntary commitment, even though obviously there should have been. I don't there is a simple solution.

Very sad day. Seattle is usually a very safe city. I think this is the second worst shooting since the Wah Mee massacre in the ID in 1983.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top