Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Seattle got $75K grants from MAIG for anti-gun coordinator's post

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, May 23, 2012.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Seattle took $75K grant to fund ‘gun violence prevention’ post from anti-gun group

The City of Seattle took two grants totaling $75,000 to fund the position of a “gun violence prevention coordinator” in its Office of Intergovernmental Relations (OIR) from the Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) through the end of 2011, but assured the Gun Rights Examiner Wednesday that the position is no longer funded.

Seattle's $75K grant funded

2. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

Everyone on this forum should apply...and promise to provide proper training to all adults who want a gun to protect themselves from gun violence.

3. mat33

mat33 Portland, OR Active Member

I'm going to apply directly to MAIG for a research grant. I'll offer to test evil looking ammo and evil looking guns. I'll also document my 'attempts' to buy 'assault weapons' at gun shows. They can fund the whole operation.

Dunerunner and (deleted member) like this.
  4. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

So is the Seattle position funded or no longer funded? Did they have the position in 2011; but, no longer, due to lack of funding?

5. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yeah, I'm getting more intel that this was in the works since FY 2008. Still digging.