Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SCOPING AN "AK" OR "SK" ?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by rusobr2, Mar 4, 2011.

1. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

does anyone have knowledge about putting a red dot handgun scope on a ak or sk--
    the reason i'm asking is---my wife and i both shoot the guns---therefore,if we use the red dot with unlimited eye relief, it won't matter who shoots it ! plus we both like the red dot optics, and size !! believe me i'm at the point---there are so many new options out there, i really don't know witch way to go ? and "YES" money is an object !!

thanks.........steven

2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

3. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

thanks keith ! i thought i saw something to this subject just recently---but i'll be darned if i could find it--

thanks...steven

4. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

AK: side rail, Ultimak or the "Beryl" style hinged top rail. DO NOT USE A DUST COVER MOUNT. ( can you tell I dislike them? ) they will not hold zero and are a waste of time and money.

SKS: If you can find one of the old SVD style side mounts ( screws to the side of the receiver ) that would be the best option. again, the "top cover" mounts are pretty useless, especially if you actually want to clean your gun. Do you really want to re-zero after every cleaning?

5. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Sage advice, Unka-Boo :cool: .

You're welcome, Steven. Let us know what you decide to get :) .

Keith

6. Motornoggin

Motornoggin OR New Member

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  7. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

La Rue makes some kind of mount that replaces the rear sight body, giving a "Scout" mounting that works with reflex scopes...........................elsullo

8. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

Used to.....was a mount that replaced the rear sight leaf and had a Burris fastfire attached to it.."Iron Dot"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDyyNGQbs_x67RFRJG837LQjl7-eXATak9K4EPT4pIr8jdfECW.jpg

I believe they are out of production...