JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am putting together a backup hunting rifle - not my primary but a backup rifle in case my primary goes south.
I bought a used Savage110 in 30-06 ( paid 225$ for it ) thats in pretty nice shape - I am looking for a 2-7 or 3-9 rifle scope with a traditional duplex sight. I have between 100- 150$ to spend ( does not include rings )- what scope would you recommend - was looking at the Simmons 44 mag in 3.5 to 10 power. Will be used on both the East and West side of Oregon. I have a Bushnell 320o on my primary 30-06. So what scope would you recommend and please dont say - save more money for a better scope. Right now its not in the cards.
This rifles purpose is as a backup and or loaner.

Thanks for your input ahead of time.

Check out Craigslist. There are over 20 decent scopes that fit your budget.
There's a like new Bushnell Scopechief Vl 2.5x8 for only $35.00

Good suggestion jbett98, I have an even older 2.5-8 that my father had, it's been on several rifles and have never had a problem. In fact if JRuby does not buy it I probobly will (since he's looking I will hold off). My dad sold a lot of scopes when he was with Larrys,Northwest Outfitters and Fishermans and the one thing I learned was to stay away from Simmons and Tasco, You get what you pay for.

Thank you for the info and letting take first shot at it - just sent an email. If it doesn't work out I will let you know EM60

James

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top