JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am putting together a backup hunting rifle - not my primary but a backup rifle in case my primary goes south.
I bought a used Savage110 in 30-06 ( paid 225$ for it ) thats in pretty nice shape - I am looking for a 2-7 or 3-9 rifle scope with a traditional duplex sight. I have between 100- 150$ to spend ( does not include rings )- what scope would you recommend - was looking at the Simmons 44 mag in 3.5 to 10 power. Will be used on both the East and West side of Oregon. I have a Bushnell 320o on my primary 30-06. So what scope would you recommend and please dont say - save more money for a better scope. Right now its not in the cards.
This rifles purpose is as a backup and or loaner.

Thanks for your input ahead of time.

Check out Craigslist. There are over 20 decent scopes that fit your budget.
There's a like new Bushnell Scopechief Vl 2.5x8 for only $35.00

Good suggestion jbett98, I have an even older 2.5-8 that my father had, it's been on several rifles and have never had a problem. In fact if JRuby does not buy it I probobly will (since he's looking I will hold off). My dad sold a lot of scopes when he was with Larrys,Northwest Outfitters and Fishermans and the one thing I learned was to stay away from Simmons and Tasco, You get what you pay for.

Thank you for the info and letting take first shot at it - just sent an email. If it doesn't work out I will let you know EM60

James

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads