JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trending
Schumer Wants New Smartphone Gun Investigated
By Liz Sheld April 5, 2016
chat43 comments
ideal-conceal-gun.sized-770x415xb.jpg
Schumer Wants Smartphone Gun Investigated
a new firearm that folds into the shape of a smartphone. A Minnesota company, Ideal Conceal, developed the gun as way for people to carry a firearm that doesn't "scare" people by looking like a firearm.

"This little kid says, 'Mommy, Mommy, that man's got a gun,' so the whole restaurant looks at you like you're about to shoot the place up," creator Kirk Kjellberg explained to CNNMoney. "So I thought to myself there's got to be another way to be able to carry without bothering other people."

It's an interesting idea -- perhaps too interesting.

Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY), one of America's most enthusiastic gun-regulators, has called on the DOJ and the ATF to investigate the gun before it comes to market. The senator says the gun "is just a disaster waiting to happen."

Here's a picture of the gun:

Sponsored
ideal-conceal-gun-300x145.jpg

The firearm is a small .380 semi-automatic that fires two shots. Kjellberg,when confronted with "outrage" over the weapon, said there are already small concealed carry guns with more firepower on the market. "The idea that this is going to cause some new big threat is just not true," he said.

Schumer said that a gun that looks like an everyday item could violate federal law. If it doesn't violate federal law, Schumer and his gun-regulating pals will try and pass some legislation prohibiting guns that look like everyday items.

"Just like toys that too much look like handguns should not be sold, handguns that look too much like toys should not be sold," said the senator.

More:

New Black Panthers with Guns, Lots of Them

Chuckwad Schumer's entire career is a disaster that's *already* happened.

"The Second Amendment exists to protect all of *us* from all of *you*."
--TX Rep. and massacre survivor Suzanna Gratia Hupp, to Schumer

I hope Schumer gets all hot and bothered and runs it up the flagpole, only to get shut down down. All the while wasting money, time, and favors in the process. Things that look like ordinary items but are actually firearms already exist. The pengun, walking sticks, umbrellas, etc.

As for the phone gun, while an interesting idea, I don't really think it's a good CC weapon. Maybe sell a few but don't think it appeals to the masses. Why carry two rounds of .380 when you can carry seven in an LCP or similar gun in a very similar size package. My 0.02.

The only thing it has going for it in my eyes is it might let me get a Pearl Harbor in on a dirtbag who already has iron out and disrupt their OODA Loop long enough for me to drag Old Ugly out of leather and get to work.

Well, that and it puts gun-grabber butt-floss in a nice little twist. :D

Might not be a bad idea to place that little gem in the ear of Burdick and her 'Moms against whatever they're against today' group. Let them spend their money and political capitol fighting this red herring so that it wastes their energy in next years anti-2A session. I noticed that the one pictured above is black. That makes it even scarier.

Nothing good ever comes from Schumer... As soon as I see his name attached to something, I know I don't support it. How long has he been in government? What a tool.

Why? It cannot fire when concealed and when deployed it is as large as a compact firearm. There is no difference between this and any other firearm if anything this is a very safe, practical firearm that doesnt make hoplophobes crap their panties.

This is the same idiot logic that banned certain kinds of knives because they were scary.

The dummy Schumer does not realize three important facts.
One, a gun is an every day item for millions of Americans
Two, NY politics are laughed at my most of the country who live in free states. The guy needs to get out more and learn what is going on in the rest of the country. The world does not revolve around NY. Sorry Chucky.
Three, no one who actually understands the importance of a self defense handgun has any interest in this gimmick.

I do not like the design or look of the pistol in question.
But that being stated , its just a gun.
It is no different in its intended use than any other pocket gun for concealed carry.
It should not be treated any differently , just based on how it looks.
Andy

I do agree with you WasrNwarpaint. That is one reason why I do not like the design.
Or maybe more law enforcement getting shot , thinking the the gun is a cell phone ...
I was referring to the fact that no matter what it looks like it is still a gun.
It should be under the same law / code / or ruling as any other small framed pocket pistol.
If we outlaw things 'cause of the chance of misuse , we won't be able to own anything.
Andy

This thing confuses the whole idea of concealed carry. It is obviously designed to be carried OWB as most smart phones are. However, doesn't this fly in the face of the whole concealed idea ? o_O

The only thing it has going for it in my eyes is it might let me get a Pearl Harbor in on a dirtbag who already has iron out and disrupt their OODA Loop long enough for me to drag Old Ugly out of leather and get to work.

Well, that and it puts gun-grabber butt-floss in a nice little twist. :D

I don't think so, Diamondback. Bad guy sees you with a phone he's going to shoot you down.

I could see this for those people who are in limited sensitive situations where they may be frisked or where they fear the inadvertent display of a concealed firearm might cost them their job or get them kicked out of somewhere they need to be, but they really want something.

As for the anti-gunners, it is not a good idea to get them riled up - no matter how much time they waste on nonsense; this is just one more thing to rally the troops around, to preach the to the choir about, to get them riled up about perceived threats. Nothing good comes from that even if they do waste their time, it wastes our time too having to explain to people why this isn't a threat to them. I started to waste time today trying to explain to co-workers why guns with fingerprint sensors weren't a good idea, then I stopped because it was obvious that it was just a waste of time and made me look like a "gun nut" in their eyes.

This thing confuses the whole idea of concealed carry. It is obviously designed to be carried OWB as most smart phones are. However, doesn't this fly in the face of the whole concealed idea ? o_O

Isn't hidden in plain sight an accurate definition of "concealed"? I don't like the look, but I like the idea. I would be worried about a kid picking it up and trying to use it as a phone and putting a hole through the wall or something.

I don't believe anyone, no one, has seen this contraption work.
Secondly, it is like a normal small gun except it takes bout 4 seconds longer to deploy.
If it did work, the useful accuracy is going to be very short.
Fourth, two rounds of underpowered ammo. Really?

I am ready to be wrong about this, but the above, combined with the real possibility that police might start drawing on cell phone carriers, I think this is about the dumbest thing I have seen in awhile.

And I see some real stupid crap every week, trust me on this. o_O

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top