JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the info soberups.... That clears alot up!
kinda bums me out though.... all the ones I find in the store are allot more than a few $$ more than online. I think the cheapest I saw was about $220 more than the "easy" price on GB, or $170 more after the shipping and transfer fees.
I will be sure to keep that in mind though. Although I've never used a gun seller to help me with anything but getting the gun. I'm kinda a "once you bought it, it's your headache kinda guy. Unless I'm the seller of course. Plus I like to mess with my stuff, I learn alot that way.
We'll see what happens when I get all the $$.... hehehehehehehehehe!

Thanks for the info soberups.... That clears alot up!
kinda bums me out though.... all the ones I find in the store are allot more than a few $$ more than online. I think the cheapest I saw was about $220 more than the "easy" price on GB, or $170 more after the shipping and transfer fees.
I will be sure to keep that in mind though. Although I've never used a gun seller to help me with anything but getting the gun. I'm kinda a "once you bought it, it's your headache kinda guy. Unless I'm the seller of course. Plus I like to mess with my stuff, I learn alot that way.
We'll see what happens when I get all the $$.... hehehehehehehehehe!

If all you are looking for is a budget bullet hose, you might consider getting an SKS instead of an AK. They fire the same 7.62x39 round, but they are considerably cheaper.

I own both an AK and an SKS. The downside to the AK is that, once you have burned through however many mags you have, you will have to spend a lot of time busting your thumbs to reload those mags.

The SKS has an internal mag and loads thru the top with stripper clips. Stripper clips can be bought for around $5 per dozen, whereas decent AK mags cost between $10 and $15 apiece. You can actually maintain a higher rate of sustained fire with an SKS when you factor in the time you spend loading AK mags. Another advantage of the SKS is that you can easily fire it from a bench rest or a prone position, whereas the AK has that big mag sticking out of the bottom which gets in the way.

You should be able to pick up a decent SKS for $300 or less. The money you save vs buying an AK will be enough to buy at least 1,000 rounds of ammo to feed it with. Just something to think about....

I am kicking that idea around also... I had an SKS for a short time, but sold it to finance my pistol habit. I now have all the pistols I "need", and am ready to get a rifle for fun.... Mine had detatchable mags, but if I was to keep it I wanted AK style mags.... not the ones with the big "extension" on the mag.....wasn't interested enough to research how to convert it or if it could be done.... so I traded it for a Nice Sig 232.... which in turn I sold to buy my 1911.
I've just always really dug the AK look, it's un-mistakable:cool:

Is there a way to fix the barrel and gas tube if it's cant'd?

well it got a heck of allot more complicated...... referring to 922r compliance.
sounds like the cost of the gun is just the beginning, SO.... it may take a while longer to get my toy..... BUMMER!

Russian commercial Saiga AKMs have a loyal fan base. These are brand new and high quality, but from the factory they can only come with a proprietary ten-round magazine. There are several good aftermarket brands of high-capacity magazines that fit the Saiga. There is also a large industry of converting Saigas to fit standard AK magazines. Federal law must be followed to replace a bunch of parts with American made items, and some filework needs doing, but you end up with an AKM of superior quality for very little money.

A huge resource is a forum dedicated to the AK, with TONS of photos, tutorials and links, and analysis of all versions and nationalities of the AK: www.theakforum.net This is a huge site and will take weeks to explore, and there are lots of other such sites as well. This one is a great first stop.......................elsullo :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top