JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've got a buddy who has recently dipped his toe into the muddy AK waters. He's got a bone stock PSA with the magpul furniture and folding Zhukov stock.

As much as he likes the current configuration, he's also interested in a wood furniture set. Possibly something unique...? The main question is, as he searches the WWW, what configurations will be a bolt-on to the PSA? If any? He also mentioned a possible underfolder set-up?

I'm not savvy enough to be of any real help as far as AK's go. That said, I thought I'd lend a hand and pick the brains of the AK guys I know lurk here... rarely in the shadows.

Appreciate any info.

The folding Zhukov stock with the cheek riser is not a bad stock. I've got one on my M90 and it's perfect for an AK using an optic.

If he is after some good looking wood, I'm quite partial to the new offerings of PSA and their faux Bakelite wood kit.

If he wanted more of a traditional folding stock AK and had a stamped receiver there are two members here selling their wire folding stocks at decent prices. One includes a cheek riser adapter.

He could pick any basic wood stock kit depending on his preferences though.
Atlantic
Apex
Boyds

And a few others all have a decent selection of wood.
And if he is after more of a modern stock he could try bone steel/CNC WARRIOR for their Galil style folding stocks or the AR stock adapters. There are these funky bolt on underfolder sets I've heard rumor of for stamped receivers.. but being costly and uncommon (from when I first heard of them) it's nothing I've entertained in terms of research. I'd tell him to perhaps shy away from that as a stock option and go towards something more readily available and useful and perhaps simply buy an underfolder AK if that's what he is attempting to replicate.

There is a bolt on underfolder stock for the Zastava line of rifles, but they will not work on PSA's stamped receiver.

Tons of choices depending on his preference. But the sexiest wood set I've seen happens to be that Bakelite finish PSA offers but that is my personal preference.

The folding Zhukov stock with the cheek riser is not a bad stock. I've got one on my M90 and it's perfect for an AK using an optic.

If he is after some good looking wood, I'm quite partial to the new offerings of PSA and their faux Bakelite wood kit.

If he wanted more of a traditional folding stock AK and had a stamped receiver there are two members here selling their wire folding stocks at decent prices. One includes a cheek riser adapter.

He could pick any basic wood stock kit depending on his preferences though.
Atlantic
Apex
Boyds

And a few others all have a decent selection of wood.
And if he is after more of a modern stock he could try bone steel/CNC WARRIOR for their Galil style folding stocks or the AR stock adapters. There are these funky bolt on underfolder sets I've heard rumor of for stamped receivers.. but being costly and uncommon (from when I first heard of them) it's nothing I've entertained in terms of research. I'd tell him to perhaps shy away from that as a stock option and go towards something more readily available and useful and perhaps simply buy an underfolder AK if that's what he is attempting to replicate.

There is a bolt on underfolder stock for the Zastava line of rifles, but they will not work on PSA's stamped receiver.

Tons of choices depending on his preference. But the sexiest wood set I've seen happens to be that Bakelite finish PSA offers but that is my personal preference.
Appreciate this ☝.

He's very happy with the current stock, but wants the option of swapping to wood if desired. He's looked at the PSA offerings and likes them, but was curious what else would fit.

The Zastava underfolder not being usable is case in point. Thank you for that.

The main question is, as he searches the WWW, what configurations will be a bolt-on to the PSA? If any?
I would like to think the PSA wood kit would be a perfect fit on a PSA AK.

The kit is very nice BTW...
1685509267167.png

So I've got a buddy who has recently dipped his toe into the muddy AK waters. He's got a bone stock PSA with the magpul furniture and folding Zhukov stock.

As much as he likes the current configuration, he's also interested in a wood furniture set. Possibly something unique...? The main question is, as he searches the WWW, what configurations will be a bolt-on to the PSA? If any? He also mentioned a possible underfolder set-up?

I'm not savvy enough to be of any real help as far as AK's go. That said, I thought I'd lend a hand and pick the brains of the AK guys I know lurk here... rarely in the shadows.

Appreciate any info.
Good luck getting anything in this communist state! You know, those scary "assault accessories " 🤦🏻‍♂️

Beautiful looking set. I think his thought is to get an "original" furniture set. Not entirely sure the reasoning, but nevertheless...
Whats an "original" wood furniture set for a PSA AK? Is he thinking of trying to find an imported set?

Whats an "original" wood furniture set for a PSA AK? Is he thinking of trying to find an imported set?
Sorry, not PSA "original". Imported.

He's got it in his head to put an old furniture set on there. Despite the great new options available.

I think, since he can't afford a second at the moment, he wants to make it look old. 🤷‍♂️

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top