JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to get a Short stroke piston system for my AR to replace my carbine length DI system.

What is a good price for a kit?

Are there any special installation requirments? Such as handgaurd fit? can it be done with basic tools?

-Thanks!

Don't do it. Adopting an aftermarket piston system to a gun that wasn't designed for it is an invitation to a reliability nightmare.
It works in the AK, the FAL, the M14. They were made for it.
Filthy-14 40,000+ rounds. No cleaning. Just lube.
If your gun is unreliable it's caused by something wrong. What is it doing?

I put an Adams Arms kit on my S&W M&P 15. I didn't have any reliability problems, but I hated the cleaning regimen. I love the piston. It has been very reliable and is a dream to clean.

The S&W piston version uses an Adams Arms design.

As far as installation, you need basic AR tools. There is a video on the AA site that explains the process. It was pretty easy to do.

Piston conversion kits were designed to solve a problem............which does not exist, carbon will always find a place to build up even in piston guns. my 2cents take it or leave it.......taking it is less expensive.

I put an Adams Arms kit on my S&W M&P 15. I didn't have any reliability problems, but I hated the cleaning regimen. I love the piston. It has been very reliable and is a dream to clean.

The S&W piston version uses an Adams Arms design.

As far as installation, you need basic AR tools. There is a video on the AA site that explains the process. It was pretty easy to do.

Same with my Bushmaster except I didn't shoot mine untill after the AAP kit was installed, the wife wants me to put one on hers after she saw mine & she had to clean the crap out of hers. The bolt is the worst, caked with crud...
I too have not had one problem with mine!!! I will never have a GI model again they will all be pistonized!!

I have converted 2 of my ARs over to piston and will not be going back to DI. Both were Adams Arms conversions, 1 with the complete bolt and 1 with the bolt conversion.

I have found only 1 downside to the conversion and it is minor, because of the spring pressure whenever to "shoutgun" your AR by removing the rear take down pin, the bolt carrier group will kind of spring out. Like I said, only a minor issue.

I have had 0 reliability issues since i have installed the conversions

tid

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews