JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this on another forum today. I haven't verified it, but thought i would post it here and get peoples take on it.

To: Cabela's California Customers
Subject: California Assembly Bill 962
Date: Sept. 22, 2009

We are writing to inform you of pending legislation that will restrict purchases of handgun ammunition in California and will terminate our ability to service your needs for certain products.

On Friday, Sept. 11, the California Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962, by a 44-31 vote.

Among other regulations, AB 962 would:

• Ban all mail-order and Internet sales of handgun ammunition.
• Prohibit the retail sale, the offer for sale or the display of handgun ammunition in a
manner that allows ammunition to be accessible to a purchaser without assistance of a
vendor or employee.
• Require that the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun ammunition occur in a
face-to-face transaction, with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide
evidence of identity of the purchaser or other transferee.

That evidence of identity, which must be legibly recorded at the time of delivery, includes:

• The right thumbprint of the purchaser or transferee.
• The date of the sale or other transaction.
• The purchaser's or transferee's driver's license or other identification number and the
state in which it was issued.
• The brand, type and amount of ammunition sold or otherwise transferred.
• The purchaser's or transferee's signature.
• The name of the salesperson who processed the sale or other transaction.
• The purchaser's or transferee's full residential address and telephone number.
• The purchaser's or transferee's date of birth.

The bill is on the desk of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, where it awaits his consideration. He will have until Oct. 11 to sign or veto the bill. If he does not veto the bill, it will become law.

Seems pretty crappy to me to have a law like this. It just amounts to a back door ban in my opinion.

what do you think?

This has been on the radar screen for some time now. Few people had any doubt it would get passed particularly in Commiefornia. The real question is what will Gov. Shwarzenegger do? Does anyone know where he stands on this or is he keeping mum?

I can see it now just when the shelfs were getting restocked more buying runs on ammo,
well I'am heading out the door to get more. ;)

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
This applies to California also, they just need to find a few good people with moxy to stand up and say not only NO, but **** NO! But we in Oregon & Washington better get ready because that California disease spreads north with it's liberal citizen every summer.

Once this passes... the Terminator who is a true Republi-crat... they (Kali) will ban or impose a tax on military "assault weapon" ammo. This will spread nation wide and it will get worse. Banning ammo or imposing new taxes on ammo and reloading components will not impose on the 2A rights or at least that is what their arguments are going to be.

SF-

I saw a sign in a gun store that said: (paraphrasing here) "California law prohibits California citizens from purchasing firearms in other states". People from Washington, Idaho and a number of other states can purchase firearms in Oregon, but even they have to pass Oregon's Police Background Check. I guess California residents are second or third class citizens of America who do not deserve the Rights and Freedoms that most of the other sates enjoy.
Living close to California as I do (30 miles away), I see the encroaching "Kalifornication" of this area constantly. I guess if you live close to a sewer system, you're gonna get the smell!
CAn anybody tell me if there are any places left in the USA where freedom still abounds?

The definition of Ammunition in this bill is interesting :s0131:

(2) For purposes of this subdivision, "ammunition" shall include,
but not be limited to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speed
loader, autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a
firearm with a deadly consequence. "Ammunition" does not include
blanks.

So a FTF sale of this equals jail time under this bill:

The definition of Ammunition in this bill is interesting :s0131:

So a FTF sale of this equals jail time under this bill:

Yeah this bill seems pretty ridicules. Trlsmn, you should just throw those away. some one could get an eye poked out. If it is has to do with a gun in the communist republic of kalifornia, then it is a tool of death.

I can't wait until the only knifes allowed are the stab proof kind.

1_61_061609_Knives.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads