JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if im not mistaken; much like the ar-15, they have options of different material, production types and production processes. because of a large variety of options for parts and types of parts the price range can vary wildly. i havnt looked for the ad youre talking about for $3200 but it could be priced because of higher end parts and possibly the addition of optics.

There is a future for 5.56 ammo. It will be back for $300-$350 a 1000. Not sure where the 7.62/308 ammo will come from. The countries of this world that used G3's and FAL's have moved to 5.56 guns.
I have been avoiding a SCAR17 and looking for a 16. It looked to me like the 17/308 guns were actually cheaper? Could just have been the random grouping of SCAR rifles I saw for sale. Still. A 5.56 gun has more value to me. If you shoot your guns, you never quit buying them.

Dealer cost on a SCAR 17 is about $2500. Since it's a high cost, allocated item, most dealers are going to be looking for more than 10% on top. At 20%, that's a flat $3,000.

There are 8 configurations of the SCAR in semiauto. That accounts for two colors, two calibers, and states with10rd cap restrictions. 2*2*2 = 8.

This is current. I just looked at the numbers for one of the larger distributors.

.Not sure where the 7.62/308 ammo will come from. The countries of this world that used G3's and FAL's have moved to 5.56 guns.
The 7.62x51 is a NATO round/universal medium caliber. They still use them. Concrete and whatall still exists.
What are you talking about?

I'm just remembering all the german and south African ammo I bought in blister packs. These places used g-3's and FN FAL battle rifles.
Now there are a lot less 7.62 guns out there. Sure we use a ton in other weapons. But having all the countries using 7.62 round guns, had to help put ammo on the market.
I could get xm193 cheep at by-mart. $300/1000. I didn't see deals on federal 7.62 ammo. The cheep 7.62 was always from another country.
Where do you get your 7.62/308 ammo Certaindeaf? I have a hungry HK-91 and Belgain FN FAL to feed. I should have bought more SA 7.62 1200 round cases when they were $350!
I just don't think a 7.63 SCAR would not get the use a 5.56 would?

And there have been grumblings about going back to a 30cal round for MBRs anyway.

Come On! You mean like 7.62N for the boonies and 5.56N for urban warfare? That would just make too darned much sense! And, and, gosh, the procurement folks would have to deal with another caliber on a much larger basis! An argument that I'm just sick of hearing. That's what computers are for, procurers!
Sorry, not a post hijack, just a pet peeve I had to scratch!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top