JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I see that someone just posted about a scam and I thought it necessary that I make a post since I experienced the same scam yesterday.
I posted something in WTB and had a response late last night from a new member who said he had a friend in Texas (same place the other person posted their scammers said they were from ) who is selling the item I was looking for. He gave me the persons email so I emailed them back. This morning I received a polite response with pictures but it was not the specific item that I was looking for. I responded with a real respectful decline and that was that.
When I went back here this morning to respond to the original messenger and thank him for the effort he had deleted the message.
Very suspicious.

He deleted the message and I was not able to get their name. It's gone
as I stated before in the other thread I believe he has been dealt with and that is why the messages disappeared. The messages can not be deleted by members they can be left, but only on one side so they should have still been visible to you, this is why I think we already dealt with them.

Ok thanks for explaining. I appreciate all you guys do for this site.

as I stated before in the other thread I believe he has been dealt with and that is why the messages disappeared. The messages can not be deleted by members they can be left, but only on one side so they should have still been visible to you, this is why I think we already dealt with them.

He deleted the message and I was not able to get their name. It's gone
Sounds like its resolved but just for scholastics is it possible to go into your alerts history and find when he posted a response to your thread and get his name.

In other words i guess im asking if he deletes his post the alert still stays with his name associated doesn't it?

Once he was caught by the administrators and his profile blocked and deleted all messages and even alerts that mentioned his profile name were gone.
Thanks

actually I'm pretty sure that I remember his name it was Guywhoeatspoopandisdumb

Sounds like its resolved but just for scholastics is it possible to go into your alerts history and find when he posted a response to your thread and get his name.

In other words i guess im asking if he deletes his post the alert still stays with his name associated doesn't it?

Once he was caught by the administrators and his profile blocked and deleted all messages and even alerts that mentioned his profile name were gone.
Thanks

actually I'm pretty sure that I remember his name it was Guywhoeatspoopandisdumb
Blocked his profile or banned his ipaddress? What's to stop him/her from making several more profiles and trying it again? I saw this happen on camera site. Scammer re-emerged as three different profiles until I convinced them to block his ipaddress (maybe they blocked a range of addresses, I don't know). They are scum and like a virus they will keep trying.

I had the same thing from a guy in TX, too. He contacted me about my HK USP45 for trade, referred me to his HKPRO site ad for his USP9. I asked a question and he went poof.

Blocked his profile or banned his ipaddress? What's to stop him/her from making several more profiles and trying it again? I saw this happen on camera site. Scammer re-emerged as three different profiles until I convinced them to block his ipaddress (maybe they blocked a range of addresses, I don't know). They are scum and like a virus they will keep trying.
found his handle: @Echelon7x.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads