JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Blocked his profile or banned his ipaddress? What's to stop him/her from making several more profiles and trying it again? I saw this happen on camera site. Scammer re-emerged as three different profiles until I convinced them to block his ipaddress (maybe they blocked a range of addresses, I don't know). They are scum and like a virus they will keep trying.
Most forums have provisions for this sort of thing. I would bet our guys do too. I would also expect that they will not go into great detail publicly regarding security tools and procedures.

Most forums have provisions for this sort of thing. I would bet our guys do too. I would also expect that they will not go into great detail publicly regarding security tools and procedures.
Only problem might be if dude is using a proxy server. But, the scam is exposed, so as thieves do, they head off for easier victims.

Caveat emptor. We've all been around long enough to recognize shady internet commerce. I don't expect my NWFA brethren to have much trouble filtering them out.

I would certainly think this ^ would be the case. Bunch guys with age here that learnt something along the way, that's for sure!

And for @Reno? It would be great to, perhaps, see a thread in the members only section detailing a "flushing out" of the "Turd" thread? Looks like this Texas thing has been tried a few times. It should be about ready to morph to a different come-on maybe?

Doxxing is a bad idea IMO. Kind of like rule #4: know your target and what's beyond it. Too many times the wrong guy/gal is doxxed. That outcome is dire, as 100% scrapping a false doxxing is pretty much impossible to do.

Note I don't consider publishing actual records (police and court) the same kind of reveal as private doxxing.

I would certainly think this ^ would be the case. Bunch guys with age here that learnt something along the way, that's for sure!

And for @Reno? It would be great to, perhaps, see a thread in the members only section detailing a "flushing out" of the "Turd" thread? Looks like this Texas thing has been tried a few times. It should be about ready to morph to a different come-on maybe?
I helped a friend a decade or so ago totally screw over a Nigerian prince. Scammer wanted to buy his laptop, "arranged" shipping for free!! Right! Long story short, we bought an old crap washing machine and filled it with concrete, strapped it to a pallet and called his shipper to pick it up. Poor bastard somewhere in Africa had an 800 pound customs charge on his "free" shipping of said laptop to cover. Guy was pissed, we laughed, good times.

I helped a friend a decade or so ago totally screw over a Nigerian prince. Scammer wanted to buy his laptop, "arranged" shipping for free!! Right! Long story short, we bought an old crap washing machine and filled it with concrete, strapped it to a pallet and called his shipper to pick it up. Poor bastard somewhere in Africa had an 800 pound customs charge on his "free" shipping of said laptop to cover. Guy was pissed, we laughed, good times.

:s0140:

I see that someone just posted about a scam and I thought it necessary that I make a post since I experienced the same scam yesterday.
I posted something in WTB and had a response late last night from a new member who said he had a friend in Texas (same place the other person posted their scammers said they were from ) who is selling the item I was looking for. He gave me the persons email so I emailed them back. This morning I received a polite response with pictures but it was not the specific item that I was looking for. I responded with a real respectful decline and that was that.
When I went back here this morning to respond to the original messenger and thank him for the effort he had deleted the message.
Very suspicious.

You can always offer to have them send you the item first and you'll send them the money after you receive it.

I've been very frank before about that, I've got a lot more history here than some sellers, if they are interested in me buying something and want me to trust our agreement will be honored when they might have minimal history on this site, I turn that around and offer them to send it to me because my record is more reliable than theirs. Just facts jack! If they don't sell to me, not a big deal.

Guys over at HK Pro watch Gun Broker for scam ads like it's a sport and will then run up the bidding into the millions of $$$$. It's fun to watch.

-E-

BTW I need some help transferring some funds from Nigeria, I swear this is legitimate as I would never bring dishonor upon my royal family. I will wire you the funds and you will return to me McDonald and Burger king gift cards and keep a burger and fries for yourself.
Just joking, but seriously. I get phone calls on a regular basis from,
IRS agents (I owe some nonsense amount, I keep telling them to come get it but they never show! Even after I swap out my magazines for the "good stuff")
Microsoft service center( evidently this is located in some third world turd bucket, can barely understand them)
Selected for Carnival cruise line free trip
EarthLink service center ( I gave up earthlink back when I still had dial up internet, 20 plus years ago)
Now that I have Medicare I get several calls a day wanting me to review my coverage.

I block four or five numbers a day but they always spoof new ones. Sometimes I entertain myself talking to them. Mostly I laugh and ask if their b.s. still works.

Last Edited:
Guys over at HK Pro watch Gun Broker for scam ads like it's a sport and will then run up the bidding into the millions of $$$$. It's fun to watch.

-E-
I used to have an extensive Boy Scout pat collection. After collecting got really big, guys would set a "Bot" to out bid anyone on eBay. It got to be a sport amongst a number of us to drive the price up so these guys were paying hundreds of dollars for a $50-$75 patch. :D

I got an email at my work address telling me that someone had hired them to kill me. Of course, it was just business, so I was welcome to outbid the current customer. It was an insultingly low amount, very disappointing. :rolleyes:

Dang, you guys, ALMOST, have me wanting to answer the phone again when these mooks call. Sounds like I'm missing all the fun!....NOT!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top