JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have to re call every year, it expires one year after you make the call.

Save it in your phone:
1 (888) 382-1222
National Do Not Call List

I never get calls and used to all of the time until I started using that number once a year.

Save it in your phone:
1 (888) 382-1222

I never get calls and used to all of the time until I started using that number once a year.

The FTC site says "Registrations on the National Do Not Call Registry DO NOT EXPIRE. If you have previously registered your number, there is no need to register again."

I confirmed the registration of my three numbers, two land lines registered January, 2013, and my cell registered in 2003.

That said, my lines light up with calls from India all the time.

Up until six months ago I was getting called several times a day, I work from home most of the time, and it was getting annoying. Microsoft support, the IRS, Credit Services, etc. Microsoft Support called one day when I was actually on the phone with Microsoft. ;)

I bought a 'call blocker' on Amazon - the Tel-Sentry version 2 I believe it's called. I don't want to jinx it, but seriously, no unwanted calls since plugging it into my phone line. Think it was ~$50, and totally worth it. My dad bought one soon after.

Good luck!

For a while, I was getting calls saying that I had a warrant out of Washington County and that I needed to resolve a fine or I would be arrested. (I work in the industry, I get LEDS checked every year) I kept telling them, "ok come get me, you obviously know where I live" They eventually gave up.

I answer " Charlie Wong's chinese noodle factory and whore house, Chuck speaking" The "IRS" collection calls are the best, " I'll be gld to pay ya! I got this here stack o' cash send somebody on over and I'll pay up!!" To date no one hs showed, dammit. I have fresh ammo loaded up and everything. I ask the microsoft guys what my I.P. address is, what version I use, I mean heck they should know this if they have accessed my computer, right?
If I have the time I'll play with them a bit.

Last Edited:
I have TextNow as my cell provider (they resell Sprint and use VOIP) with a cheap phone they sold me for $5

TextNow have this nice little feature that allows me to block a number by texting #STOP to it. Their system picks up the text and blocks that number from calling me.

When I see a number I don't recognize, especially if the area code is CA, OR, or WA where I have relatives and friends, I don't answer, then I look up the number and it is almost always a telemarketer, usually a scammer. Then I add text them #STOP.

I get calls once or twice a week and do this. Yes I know many of them spoof their caller ID, but still, they often reuse it, and there are only so many numbers they can and do use because they are lazy and stupid, so eventually I block them.

I am just glad no one in my family is stupid enough to fall for these scams.

Save it in your phone:
1 (888) 382-1222

That's what I understood, but I think they've changed that now Joe. I do my registration online and just looked it up this morning and found this:

How long does my phone number stay registered?
Telephone numbers on the Registry don't expire. We only remove your number when it's disconnected and reassigned, unless you ask us to remove it.

So it would appear they have done away with the requirement to renew each year.

They also have a place where you can report folks that violate the do not call list: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

The scammers have found a way to hijack a local number and have it show up when they call. I've even had someone call me and ask why the he** I was calling them. Makes it tougher to screen calls from your local area.

Another thing, my understanding is that if you interact with them, they have the right to keep calling. So no matter how much pleasure it gives you to put the phone in front of the TV speaker and walk away when "Sam" calls from India about your windows computer, it just gives them a right to keep calling.

No - you have to have an actual business relationship with them for them to bypass the registry. Also, political and I think charities are exempt.

I just don't answer and let it go to voice mail - it is quicker and scammers/spammers don't leave a message (never have for me).

As for local calls, the only two have been Red Cross keep bugging me about donating blood (not going to do that again - I can't stand such calls) and a scammer out of Seattle. Everyone else has been from out of state.

I answer " Charlie Wong's chinese noodle factory and whore house, Chuck speaking" The "IRS" collection calls are the best, " I'll be gld to pay ya! I got this here stack o' cash send somebody on over and I'll pay up!!" To date no one hs showed, dammit. I have fresh ammo loaded up and everything. I ask the microsoft guys what my I.P. address is, what version I use, I mean heck they should know this if they have accessed my computer, right?
If I have the time I'll play with them a bit.

When I'm bored I'll try and sell them a security system contract and completely ignore the fact that they called me to sell something which really pisses the off.

One of the other strategies I've heard of is, when the scammer asks you how you are, you tell him how you are in excruciating detail - hemorrhoids, blood in urine, loose stool, bum knee, sore shoulder, shortness of breath, and on and on. Eventually, they get tired (or depressed) and hang up.

I have asked them if they can hold for a moment and then went back to what I was doing. I would come back a few minutes later and if they were still there I would ask them to keep holding and set the phone back down.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top