JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Advertising hand gun online resulted in a whole bunch of single line inquiries. Most said "Is the gun still for sale?" At my reply never hear anything. Now have in hand a check for $1340.00 dollars to pay for gun and shipping. By the way gun is posted at $400.00.

Pretty sure if I deposit this in my bank what little money I have on hand will disappear. Person contacting me: Don Morgan of Washington State, FedEx package sent from Great Neck, New York, and from bank in Indiana. Note on check: "process payment."

Any one want to buy a $1340.00 check? Make payments in cash, only.

WIN_20170220_115240.JPG

Local federal agencies would love to know that.

Make sure you have an address to ship the gun to... I mean send the Feds to.

You sure that doesn't say "Progress Payment" in the memo line?

By the way, that's a REAL business and i'm betting the check was washed and new numbers put in for your amount.

Google Maps

Sounds like somebody is taking them for a ride.

Last Edited:
So many scams out there. I've been hit up by several 'buyers' in the past who offered, with no negotiation, to suddenly send me much more than my item was worth, just to cover expediting the shipping. Too good to be true is a definite sign of a scam. Best to just cut them off. In this case, likely they have stolen info on a legitimate business to issue a phony check to get you to ship your gun. Like others have said, pass it on to the Feds, let them track these folks down. Way too many of them out there.

:eek:

How'd they get your address?
Initial inquiries sounded legitimate. I gave them work address. Somebody caught my typo. Progress report is correct. After posting called number on package. A working number but not associated with business name on sender. Question for you guys. This came FedEx, not post office. Where or to whom should I report this?

I would also bet the people running the business, heading on the check would like to know how there money is being spent?

Nothing will happen to your money in the bank if you cash it and receive anything, but in about a week after you ship your gun
[kiss it good by] you will have to return all the funds you received, once the check is found to be stolen.
Silver Hand

I Fscking HATE thieves.. Hate them.

For these jerks:

I would start with FedEx's fraud group. Give them the tracking number, etc.
FedEx Customer Protection Center: Report Fraud

I would also notify the Business whose check they 'washed.'
Santoshi Ma Hospitality, Inc. in Evansville, IN | Company Info & Reviews

I would also notify the Bank that it's drawn on.
Fraud Contacts | First Federal Savings Bank

I would also contact the FFL you were going to ship it to and ask if they know the buyer(s).

I'm pretty sure you could also ask your local bank to see if the check would work, or bounce.

Good catch, OP!

Initial inquiries sounded legitimate. I gave them work address. Somebody caught my typo. Progress report is correct. After posting called number on package. A working number but not associated with business name on sender. Question for you guys. This came FedEx, not post office. Where or to whom should I report this?

Who ever these scum dogs are apparently they don't realize we gun enthusiasts are smarter than the average morons!

I Fscking HATE thieves.. Hate them.

For these jerks:

I would start with FedEx's fraud group. Give them the tracking number, etc.
FedEx Customer Protection Center: Report Fraud

I would also notify the Business whose check they 'washed.'
Santoshi Ma Hospitality, Inc. in Evansville, IN | Company Info & Reviews

I would also notify the Bank that it's drawn on.
Fraud Contacts | First Federal Savings Bank

I would also contact the FFL you were going to ship it to and ask if they know the buyer(s).

I'm pretty sure you could also ask your local bank to see if the check would work, or bounce.

Good catch, OP!

Disagree. Federal authorities first and let them do the contacting but I would also prepare an empty box to send with tracking for possible setup.

Wouldn't want to tip your hand and alert if they had a connection in there.

Why would you even consider taking a check on something like that ??

I do a bunch of marketing work and have run into this several times. Scam all the way. Just different variations on the same old line of bullsh*t.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews