JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last two high profile murders had government failures involved. Roof passed a background check even as a felon and the San Fran killer was let loose by the beauacracy and even supplied a gun by a land management employee.

We have the best system in the world run by the most incompetent people possible.
YES most government employed people just do the least they have to keep their jobs and benefits ~~Don't give s==t about putting any effort into it. :(:(

Ya it has slowed down my gun buying from dealers to do all the fricking paperwork and I have passed up on some nice guns. Now with sb941 I doubt I will buy guns at all. What I have left will probably go on gun brokers...o_O

Has there been instances of ffls being sued for releasing a firearm after the three days?

If not, not releasing it when according to law you are allowed to seems unwarranted.

You say you are a gun guy and don't agree with most gun laws but then you take it further than their current law.

I've never dealt with a lgs that had this policy and would not. You say you have it to protect your business, but it may also be hurting it.

I can't afford to be the test case, even if it hasn't happened. Look at the lawsuit just filed in Chicago. People in the city claiming their civil rights were violated by shops in areas with less restrictive laws.

The law does allow it, but it is discretionary. I am not going further than the law says, I am simply choosing to act in a certain manner. If you would look around, I think you would actually find many dealers have this policy.

Honestly, it has not been an issue. I do not collect money until a background check has been cleared. All I usually collect is the $10 for the background check. So no one is out money. I rarely cancel the sale. I have cancelled a few in several years. One because the buyer was from out of state and was leaving. Another one where the gun was a consignment gun and the buyer was delayed for six months before I cancelled the sale.

Following the law doesn't mean I am anti-2nd amendment. It doesn't mean I agree with the law. For the record, SB941 affects me only as much as I will likely have more transfers to do. With a license, I haven't been able to buy or sell without running things through my books in several years. I miss it. That being said, it is a stupid, poorly written law with very little chance of doing anything other than inconveniencing law abiding citizens. I don't really have the choice to obey or not obey it, as I am already beholden to a stricter federal law.

You're welcome to disagree with me. Free world and all that. But not much point in claiming I'm not a gun guy based on those arguments. I wish you luck in your future endeavors, hope you start passing your checks without delays, and would be happy to deal with you if you ever stop by the shop!

I get it but at the same time three days should be plenty of time to figure out if you're a ax murderer or whatnot. Seems to me the time limit is super important otherwise the feds could take their sweet bubblegum time and delay you indefinitely (wouldn't put it past this administration).

I get delayed about half the time. Most of the time it comes back proceed within ten minutes. Only once or twice I ever had to go the distance and I came and got it after three days. God knows if it ever went through and it should be on the feds to have a deadline.

First they funnel all private citizens through the NICS system with all transfers, then they take away the three day deadline and you are completely dependant on the govt beaucratic machine to hopefully someday get to exercise your 2A rights.

Common sense just don't prevail with our government. Roof got his gun going through the background check which means instant check failed. Yet the spin on it was "oh he would have go a gun anyway" DUH!! So if that is true there is no sense doing background checks anyway because criminals will get guns anyway.

These are what you call college educated idiots.o_O

I get it but at the same time three days should be plenty of time to figure out if you're a ax murderer or whatnot. Seems to me the time limit is super important otherwise the feds could take their sweet bubblegum time and delay you indefinitely (wouldn't put it past this administration).

I get delayed about half the time. Most of the time it comes back proceed within ten minutes. Only once or twice I ever had to go the distance and I came and got it after three days. God knows if it ever went through and it should be on the feds to have a deadline.

First they funnel all private citizens through the NICS system with all transfers, then they take away the three day deadline and you are completely dependant on the govt beaucratic machine to hopefully someday get to exercise your 2A rights.
Before I became a citizen, I was delayed pretty much every time. My first handgun took 8 days to clear. Did it matter to me? Not really. I agree that a time limit is necessary, whether it should be 3 days - not so sure. That said, a CPL should be as good as a UPIN.

:s0101:
Common sense just don't prevail with our government. Roof got his gun going through the background check which means instant check failed. Yet the spin on it was "oh he would have go a gun anyway" DUH!! So if that is true there is no sense doing background checks anyway because criminals will get guns anyway.

These are what you call college educated idiots.o_O
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When you've already gone through a CCL there is no reason to perform continual checks on someone. It's a waste of time and money."

OSP want's the MONEY....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads