JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard earlier today that the governor of Texas is coming out in favor of UBC's for private sales as well. If we lose TX to that, then likely it's going to be the end of private sales without a BGC around the country. I fear this event has soured enough folks on both sides that it may cause a permanent change around the country. Of course we've been dealing with it hear for years, but other states may fall now.

They'll try and use this.. but our best ammo to fire back with is the fact criminals dont do background checks. They'll steal firearms and sell them amongst themselves. BGC only hinder criminals with priors or mentally convicted folks stupid enough to do the paperwork. The rest of us law abiding citizens have to wade through and pay for the red tape nonsense.

However, beyond that, many people who own firearms but aren't too involved with 2A rights or the gun community in general don't even know person to person private sales are illegal. You'd be amazed at how many here in Oregon alone dont know.

Unless its a part of your hobby/lifestyle.. the vast majority of folks truly don't know. Just sucks that we have to play defense all the time and allow them to use stuff like this as "examples" in their twisted power grab and anti gun agenda.

I've heard that private sales are still very much alive in the more rural part of California, even though it has been illegal there for a long time.

First, let me say that I am against background checks for firearms.

However, if a UBC law gets passed (and the possibility looks more and more sure as time goes by), I wish the general public would be able to use existing citizen funded federal resources (we already paid for this sh!t) to conduct their own background check free, online, and 24/7/365 with a directive that the federal process cannot be usurped by individual states. The only record of the transaction would be a receipt provided to the buyer that can be produced to an authorized agent upon request after a reasonable amount of time to provide it.

Or, just no checks as a right delayed is a right denied.

I heard earlier today that the governor of Texas is coming out in favor of UBC's for private sales as well. If we lose TX to that, then likely it's going to be the end of private sales without a BGC around the country. I fear this event has soured enough folks on both sides that it may cause a permanent change around the country. Of course we've been dealing with it hear for years, but other states may fall now.
Texas is turning more blue every day. That was a great plan they had, "come to Texas", "bring your business to Texas". Well, they imported a heck of a lot of people from NY and Cali who guess what, vote blue. Texas done screwed up. Much like Colorado, nice known' ya.

Texas is turning more blue every day. That was a great plan they had, "come to Texas", "bring your business to Texas". Well, they imported a heck of a lot of people from NY and Cali who guess what, vote blue. Texas done screwed up. Much like Colorado, nice known' ya.

I do believe you are correct. I wish there was a reliable way to track the spreading cancer to avoid said with future ventures. :eek:

States are changing all around the country. Even places like Idaho, Montana and the Dakotas have heavy concentrations developing of folks that will change the state from red to blue. Look at Virginia and the Carolinas - all previously solidly red, now they're falling too.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top