JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which optic for all round SBR build

• ACOG TA02

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Eotech EXPS3-2

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Brown Combat Optic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elcan 1/4x

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
Reactions
Have been bouncing around a few optics in my mind for a new SBR build. Being:
1. ACOG TA02 w/rmr
2. Eotech EXPS3-2 w/magnifier
3. Browe Combat Optic
4. Elcan 1/4x

Any options from those here that have tried some of these? I'm mostly looking for personal experience with the Elcans, I've owned an Eotech 512 and handled a number of Acogs over time but input still appreciated.

For weight Aimpoint h1, t1,or t2. Has way better battery life then any of those other red dots.

Wasn't a fan of acog with a rmr on top. You can't have a good cheek wield when using the rmr.

For weight Aimpoint h1, t1,or t2. Has way better battery life then any of those other red dots.

Wasn't a fan of acog with a rmr on top. You can't have a good cheek wield when using the rmr.

Weight isnt a huge concern for me right now because I went about 50/50 on weight saving options on the rest of the build. The Elcan has iron sights on top so that was a nice feature i thought.

I considered Aimpoints, but have decided I dont want to go that route at this point.
I had two EoTech break on me XPS2 and a 512. My T1 is going 6 years strong with the original battery.

Use to run a few high end 1-4x, I switched to a Leopold vx6 1-6x cmr-2, and a AccuPower 1-8x. The Leopold is one of the lightest 1-6 scopes on the market. The reticle is great when shooting at moving targets.

I had two EoTech break on me XPS2 and a 512. My T1 is going 6 years strong with the original battery.

Use to run a few high end 1-4x, I switched to a Leopold vx6 1-6x cmr-2, and a AccuPower 1-8x. The Leopold is one of the lightest 1-6 scopes on the market. The reticle is great when shooting at moving targets.

I see, the Elcan isnt a 1-4 it is a 1 or 4. I havnt seen too much on them besides their 240 bravo/249 3.4x fixed powers.

Weight isnt a huge concern for me right now because I went about 50/50 on weight saving options on the rest of the build. The Elcan has iron sights on top so that was a nice feature i thought.
I only use 45 degree sights, or mounts for back ups. More useable if you need to shoot in awkward positions, plus you have to tilt your head weird to use the sights on top of scopes.

I'm not saying that any of those are bad scopes. After owning or using all of those in my experience there are better options for the same or less money.
The only one that I wasn't a fan of at all was the acog 4x eye relief really sucks. In my opinion the 3.5x are a way better acogs and more usable.

I think an ACOG 3.5x or Aimpoint Micro will be going on mine. I realize kind of different uses but those are the two that I haven't owned so I want to try them out. :)

Trijicon MRO

2BB59D29-146E-47B3-8761-B3FA3EB0DB35.jpeg

The t1 and t2 have way less parallax shift then the mro does if that's something you care about. EOTech have the less amount of all red dots but also have some of the worst battery life.

I like my EOTech 556, but I really like my 1-6x24 FFP ACSS Raptor. fantastic eye relief @ 1x and is like a red dot/prism sight at that point, and when zoomed it gives a BDC reticle with wind holds and movement holds, and instant ranging like certain ACOGs.

Reticle when zoomed:
w46wAXq.png

There's also the 1-8x24 ACSS Raptor M2 with HD glass, better zoom, and a bit more data on the reticle. that one's in the acog territory for pricing. The other scope you can buy 3-4 of them for the price of 1 ACOG.

Have been bouncing around a few optics in my mind for a new SBR build. Being:
1. ACOG TA02 w/rmr
2. Eotech EXPS3-2 w/magnifier
3. Browe Combat Optic
4. Elcan 1/4x

Any options from those here that have tried some of these? I'm mostly looking for personal experience with the Elcans, I've owned an Eotech 512 and handled a number of Acogs over time but input still appreciated.

I have EoTech-552s on both my SBRs. For me, and my eyes, I have a better time acquiring the reticle compared with the the Aimpoints mentioned by others. Just different I suppose.
I have a 1.5-5 Leupold on one of my 16" barreled guns, and a ACOG/Docter combo on the other.

Different tools for different things. I'd vote for Eotech for your application. (again, that's with my 49 year old eyes).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top