JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which optic for all round SBR build

• ACOG TA02

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Eotech EXPS3-2

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Brown Combat Optic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elcan 1/4x

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
My Eotech screen delaminated. That plus battery life was a no go for me even though I loved the reticle and how it looked to my eyes. I then moved to Aimpoint and have 2 currently. Battery life is fantastic and the dot is good enough for my eyes. If for home defense it could look like a giant cluster and still be effective. I've since replaced the Aimpoint on my home defense pistol with an primary arms acss Trijicon ta44 1.5 power. So far I love this thing and it's my second acog. Works just like a red Dot with ranging of human size targets and drops. It's my second acog. No batteries to worry about at all and actually helps me eyes

Never paid much attention to the low power ACOGs before but the ta44 seems like a pretty good option for a SBR.

Never paid much attention to the low power ACOGs before but the ta44 seems like a pretty good option for a SBR.

I really wasn't sure about 1.5 magnification on the ta44 until I got to look through one at a vendor event at my lgs. It was a standard ta44 and I really liked it. Up close it's very fast like a dot, but at distance that little magnification really helps. Still powered like a standard acog, so if that bothers you in different lighting conditions you might not like it. The fiber optic rod is considerably shorter so it doesn't bloom as much in bright sunlight though. It isn't much bigger or heavier than a micro Aimpoint either. Eye relief is fantastic, and I can still see the reticle holding it as far away as I can. The standard ta44 has a very simple reticle, so once primary arms got their ranging reticle into it, I really had to get one for myself. I like to run and gun with it starting at 200 yards working into 25 yards on steel.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top