JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Back in august 2022 after They got enough signatures to put measure 114 on the ballot, I asked this same question about OR. I think we all know how that is turning out.

So I have the same Q now for WA with the upcoming legislative session looming. What does your crystal ball tell you is coming?

How can WA citizens stop it? (Hint: massive scale and continuing contact with your legislators)

My crystal ball is telling me to quickly find the acreage in Tennessee that I've been looking for the past few years.

I don't think the tide can be turned at this point, honestly. My plans are to move as soon as the wife retires (hopefully next spring).

Ammunition tax is coming. "Assault weapons" ban is coming. Personal income tax is coming (in spite of the highest sales and gasoline taxes in the country already). Inslee and Ferguson are emboldened, both with higher political aspirations, and the state house and senate are more solidly Dem than ever before.

I migrated here from California in the early '90s, thinking this was my retirement destination. Alas, this state has been overrun by the worst of the worst liberals and illegal immigrants. The numbers are solidly not in our favor anymore and the future is dire.

One only has to look at the ever-increasing amount of trash and plastic grocery bags on our roadsides to see this is no longer the beautiful state we came to know and love.

My crystal ball keeps saying this:

1672639879891.png

I know assault weapons bans have been shot down in the legislature in WA before, so there is hope imo. I have some experience in working with WA legislature including helping write a bill (that benefitted hard working people not this kind of crap btw) so I know these can be stopped.

It's simply the amount of political pressure (mostly from citizens) that is put on the legislators. Or to be more accurate, the amount of pressure on the most powerful or key legislators (the vast majority of legislators follow the political wind or what their leader tells them to do imo).

Even if something does pass, recent SCOTUS rulings will push legal challenges in our favor. The mag ban challenge is in work, and there are open AWB challenges in other states in the pipeline as well. This is why we have checks and balances.

The people making laws really could care less about letters. The only thing they fear is losing their job. Voters, many of them gun owners, keep putting them back in office. So as long as they keep wining they will keep passing more laws. Not just on guns. Taxes are another thing they are working on. They of course never get enough of other people's money to give away. Unless voters decide they have had enough nothing will change. :s0092:

90% of the feedback submitted to our legislators was to vote NO on last year's Mag Ban.
WA said EFF YOU and passed it anyways.

It was something like...
14,000 said no
and
1,200 supported the ban

They Parade for the King County Base.

Freedom in Washington State was mortally wounded when they started blatantly recounting votes until the "right person" won and people just accepted it. Like Oregon, the average person won't notice that Freedom's body is stiff and cold until it's too late to call the ambulance.

Last Edited:
Re voting, legislators who will be voting yea or nea on assault weapon ban, gun registry "permit", etc are already in office so citizens voting has no effect at the moment on the issue at hand (but it does for future issues). So not contacting them seems akin to just letting this stuff pass with no effort to stop it, from my perspective anyway.

Anyway if that is the approach (not doing any contact) then I would suggest helping build the war chest for the upcoming legal fights. Sadly that is where we are in OR now. OR situation I see going down like this:

1. Dec 2022 - Suit on federal constitution track filed, then Fed judge Immergut defies SCOTUS precedent and refuses to enjoin (stop) it

2. Dec 2022 - Suit on OR constitution track filed, state judge Raschio rightly issues an injunction on all of M114

3. Sometime in 2023 (likely when permit process is almost in place) - OR constitution track suit appealed to OR Supreme Court (all appointed by liberal Brown) who will lift the injunction (prediction) and M114 will go into effect

4. 2024-2033? - Federal constitution track suit will go to scotus and they will overturn much of m114 (I think permit process will stay however as OR AG can tie that to commerce but that is 100% WAG)

Note that for #4 if SCOTUS takes a slap-down approach to state governments (and hopefully federal judges such as immergut) that openly defy their ruling, then the timetable for SCOTUS to overturn OR M114 (and assumed for future WA unconstitutional semi-auto rifle ban) would be right away, such as late 2023-2024. This case right now will tell us if SCOTUS is going to be proactive in shutting down cases which openly thumb their nose at previous scotus rulings. That case bears watching closely imo as it could have a huge effect on whether states can just keep knowingly passing unconstitutional laws.

Last Edited:
Since what they call an assault weapon technically doesn't exist, a sane argument should attack that. It's like making a Boogeyman leash law. Can't let them roam free, ya know.

But, the Left's BS meter has been running in the red zone for the past 3-4 years and it hasn't blown up in their face yet. It's important to note their lies about burning cities, race relations, sexual identity, education, ect, rarely hold water but they somehow still get the votes (after 2am).

I have no faith in Wa or Or officials when it come to doing the right and legal things. Canada's latest gun ban failed so anything is possible. I think Washington's AWB will pass with a grandfather clause because, we don't confiscate. Where's the problem?

The people making laws really could care less about letters. The only thing they fear is losing their job. Voters, many of them gun owners, keep putting them back in office. So as long as they keep wining they will keep passing more laws. Not just on guns. Taxes are another thing they are working on. They of course never get enough of other people's money to give away. Unless voters decide they have had enough nothing will change. :s0092:
Voters need to remind ( and to be reminded themselves) these people they are NOT our "leaders". They are our employees, and should behave a such. We elected them to represent us, not lead us. We need to get proactive and remind them and ourselves of this. It should not be elect and forget.

Voters need to remind ( and to be reminded themselves) these people they are NOT our "leaders". They are our employees, and should behave a such. We elected them to represent us, not lead us. We need to get proactive and remind them and ourselves of this. It should not be elect and forget.
Start by refusing to reelect Kapo Kirby, for one. #MakeHimFamousLikeTomFoley

I sure wish more would think of it that way and I keep hoping. Sadly many either will not bother to vote at all or actually support having someone tell them what to do. As it keeps getting worse I keep thinking many will wake the hell up but not sure how much worse this has to get at this point. Look at some of the larger cities and the open sewer's they are turning into. Yet so many living in that keep voting for the ones doing it too them :confused:

Wa gun law guy is doing a good job tracking the bills. Newest update as of a few minutes ago. Training and License before gun purchase will be required if this goes through (skip to 3:24 mark for that discussion).

Inslee in the press conference a while back compared gun license to driving and fishing licenses.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top