JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
According to Oregon Live Today ... SB 501 is alive and well in Salem:

Sen. Rob Wagner, D-Tualatin, and Rep. Andrea Salinas, D-Lake Oswego, brought the bill forward at the request of Students for Change, a group of students from Lake Oswego pushing for reforms in the wake of the 2018 Parkland shooting, where 17 people died at a Florida high school.

Wagner said the bill is intended to start a discussion about firearms and the concepts in the bill are likely to change with more discussion, including from students.

No other bill attempts to achieve as many gun-control goals as SB 501. Statesman Journal

"This is about students feeling like they can engage with their elected officials," he said. "If they want to have a conversation about this, let's empower them to have a conversation about it."
If Prozanski's lips are movin', he's alyin'

The State has NO INTEREST in gun safety for children as they refuse to consider accepting help, for FREE, re Safe Schools Program and Eddie Eagle type programs. None. Gov refuses to discuss them. Portland Public Schools REFUSES to teach children basic gun safety. THEIR fault when the 5-year-old has an "accident".
I agree gun safety needs to be taught but aInwont put a five year old not knowing firearm safety on the schools, just like everything else it starts at home. If a five year old has an accident at home the parents are the responsible party. No ifs ands or buts about it.

The State has NO INTEREST in gun safety for children as they refuse to consider accepting help, for FREE, re Safe Schools Program and Eddie Eagle type programs. None. Gov refuses to discuss them. Portland Public Schools REFUSES to teach children basic gun safety. THEIR fault when the 5-year-old has an "accident".
They cannot accept help from the NRA even to save childrens' lives. Politics.

We voted for her. Felt good. ;)

When we used to live in Sherwood we liked Kim Thatcher. If it died in judiciary it was likely with the help of her, another rep to be proud of for all those folks in Sherwood.
Not in Kin's district but I subscribed to her news letter she puts out from time to time. Good conservative common sense woman and pro-gun legislator!

According to Oregon Live Today ... SB 501 is alive and well in Salem:

Sen. Rob Wagner, D-Tualatin, and Rep. Andrea Salinas, D-Lake Oswego, brought the bill forward at the request of Students for Change, a group of students from Lake Oswego pushing for reforms in the wake of the 2018 Parkland shooting, where 17 people died at a Florida high school.

Wagner said the bill is intended to start a discussion about firearms and the concepts in the bill are likely to change with more discussion, including from students.

No other bill attempts to achieve as many gun-control goals as SB 501. Statesman Journal

"This is about students feeling like they can engage with their elected officials," he said. "If they want to have a conversation about this, let's empower them to have a conversation about it."

Here is a tidbit:
Eliana Andrews, a Portland high schooler who helped organize the March for Our Lives Portland last spring, is now working with Students for Change. "We've had so many mass shootings that we now have to prepare for one in the future," she said. "I don't want to take people's Second Amendment rights, and I don't think this bill does that … but I believe in a future where an active-shooter situation is unimaginable."

Wylie Thompson, a high school student from Salem, said he has experienced many lockdown drills, just like many current students in the United States.

"In all of my classes, we have a certain plan for how we're going to barricade the door and which corner to hide in," Thompson said, "because some of the walls are concrete and some are just drywall."

Lakeridge High School student Eli Counce, who founded Students for Change in the wake of the Parkland shooting, says now that the bill has been introduced, he feels one step closer to safety.

"It feels like we're on the cusp of something big," he said. "This bill is really valuable. I don't think that what our bill is proposing is all that radical. It's really just sensible gun safety. It's common-sense stuff."

What they are on the cusp of is permanently losing their freedom before they are old enough to understand the gravity and magnitude of the actions they are taking in order to satisfy their masters. 20 bullets/months etc. is "common sense stuff." What a joke. Stroke their little teenage egos and ...away we go!

One of Brown's proposed laws would allow schools to teach gun safety to children. This legislation should be supported as it is the corner stone of where children learn gun safety.

One of Brown's proposed laws would allow schools to teach gun safety to children. This legislation should be supported as it is the corner stone of where children learn gun safety.
It just seems cock-eyed for the government schools, who broadly despise guns and denigrate gun owners (the kids' parents) to be teaching "gun safety." I would love to see this curriculum. Besides, this is something parents should be teaching their children. The schools are now the "corner stone" where kids learn everything they need to know....right? It doesn't matter what Kate Brown proposes. Nothing will exonerate her from where she has already taken us.

It just seems cock-eyed for the government schools, who broadly despise guns and denigrate gun owners (the kids' parents) to be teaching "gun safety." I would love to see this curriculum. Besides, this is something parents should be teaching their children. The schools are now the "corner stone" where kids learn everything they need to know....right? It doesn't matter what Kate Brown proposes. Nothing will exonerate her from where she has already taken us.
It was offered when I was in grade school in Seattle and we took it.

It's not just the students but there is a disconnect where people don't understand why schools are targeted instead of police stations or hardened facilities.

These killers may be willing to die but they are not brave enough to challenge armed people. I also get parents are afraid to tell their kids something contrary to their own philosophy. Sometimes you need a gun. A gun may be the best solution.

Eliana Andrews, a Portland high schooler who helped organize the March for Our Lives Portland last spring, is now working with Students for Change. "We've had so many mass shootings that we now have to prepare for one in the future," she said. "I don't want to take people's Second Amendment rights, and I don't think this bill does that … but I believe in a future where an active-shooter situation is unimaginable."

Wylie Thompson, a high school student from Salem, said he has experienced many lockdown drills, just like many current students in the United States.

"In all of my classes, we have a certain plan for how we're going to barricade the door and which corner to hide in," Thompson said, "because some of the walls are concrete and some are just drywall."

Lakeridge High School student Eli Counce, who founded Students for Change in the wake of the Parkland shooting, says now that the bill has been introduced, he feels one step closer to safety.

"It feels like we're on the cusp of something big," he said. "This bill is really valuable. I don't think that what our bill is proposing is all that radical. It's really just sensible gun safety. It's common-sense stuff."

Imagine the cry coming from parents, school age children, other adults if cell phone use was banned and/or disabled in school, in cars, on buses, at movie theaters, at doctors offices? We don't think these laws are all that radical? Just common sense stuff.

Then the news was/is incorrect.

They may have confused SB801 Authorizes public schools to provide firearm safety and accident prevention class to all students in first grade with SB501 the worst anti-gun bill ever.

HB2251 at the request of Governor Kate Brown is her screw the gun owners baby which will get passed in some form by the majority democrats just to appease her.

HB2251
Defines "assault rifle." Prohibits transfer of handgun or assault rifle to person under 21 years of age.
Punishes violation by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Restricts transfer of firearm by gun dealer or private party if Department of State Police is unable to determine whether recipient is qualified to receive firearm. Authorizes transfer after 30 days as long as gun dealer or transferor does not know or have reason to believe recipient is disqualified from completing transfer. Provides that person subject to certain court protective orders is prohibited from possessing firearms if person had opportunity to be heard on order and failed to request hearing. Punishes violation of prohibition by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Requires court to order relinquishment of firearms when person is convicted of certain domestic violence offenses or subject to certain court orders. Requires person to transfer firearms within 24 hours of court order and to file affidavit within 48 hours of court order. Requires hospitals to submit data concerning patients with injuries caused by firearms to Oregon Health Authority and to electronic emergency medical services data system managed by authority. Creates crime of endangering a minor by allowing access to a firearm. Punishes by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Prohibits possession of firearm by person convicted of endangering a minor by allowing access to a firearm for five-year period after conviction. Creates process for obtaining relief from prohibition. Provides that minor may lawfully possess firearm only with permission of parent or guardian. Prohibits transfer of firearm to person convicted of endangering a minor by allowing access to a firearm for five-year period after conviction. Requires permission of minor's parent or guardian for temporary transfer of firearm to minor. Requires gun dealer to post notice concerning obligation to prevent minors from accessing firearm without consent of minor's parent or guardian.

Imagine the cry coming from parents, school age children, other adults if cell phone use was banned and/or disabled in school, in cars, on buses, at movie theaters, at doctors offices? We don't think these laws are all that radical? Just common sense stuff.

The government was shutdown for 3 weeks, world kept turning. Could you imagine the insanity if Google went down for 10 minutes, or all Apple products simply stopped working temporarily.:eek:

It would be glorious :cool:

And now.... they want these same teenagers to be allowed to vote. Thank goodness there are "good liberals." This isn't just an attack on gun owners. This is way more. You voted 'em in. They will vote exactly the way the schools tell them to. 16 year olds are children. They are extremely easily influenced. Oregon has gone completely crazy.

Having given birth to 6 and raised them, fed them, educated them (and paid for it....we didn't get free tuition), sent one to Iraq, paid copious taxes, and did what we thought was right, our government has betrayed us on every level. This whole deal causes me stress. Maybe I could claim victimhood and sue the government clowns.

Got back from ....well... out of state... today. Heck of a welcome to see the elites in Salem pandering to children. I don't drink often. Tonight...I drink.

Maybe it's just me. Has anybody else noticed that ever since our "Bi-relational" governess received her first real election to the office, that she and her inner circle followers have shown a tendency to be drawn to and exploit children for supposedly political purposes? Isn't their a term for this?

Last Edited:
Got back from ....well... out of state... today. Heck of a welcome to see the elites in Salem pandering to children. I don't drink often. Tonight...I drink.

Maybe it's just me. Has anybody else noticed that ever since our "Bi-relational" governess received her first real election to the office, that she and her inner circle followers have shown a tendency to be drawn to and exploit children for supposedly political purposes? Isn't their a term for this?
Yea, the whole lot of 'em need to be exterminated from the state capital building... Vermin, nothing but vile vermin!!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top