JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a big push for SB 978 among the antis right now. OregonPushBack reported that Sen. Burdick has made three amendments to the bill. This could happen fast.

Screenshot_20190419-155747.png

I got an OFF alert last night and emailed the person they linked already, But it said the guy says he will vote no on this bill, but the sticker point is he is on the committee who gets to decide if the bill goes to the floor. So they emailed me/us that are on their list and said to tell him to not only just vote no on the bill but to tell the Senat President to pound sand. Meaning to not be afraid of if he's pulled from the committee and still vote no in committee to not let it come to the floor in the first place. So yes I emailed him to not be afraid of his position loss, and do the right thing!
I even told him to walk out if this thing goes to the floor.
Seriously tons of these so-called pro-gun politicians are just playing games with our rights. Repubs can vote to let a bill go through to vote and then vote no on it later then tell us they voted no on it.:mad: Sickening! So... Not only do we need to tell them to vote no on the bill if they're on any committee that decides if it comes to a vote they need to be told they will be held accountable there as well. So they need to be told to vote no in committee as well. :(
Anyways, so I emailed him already and told him to vote no in committee as well and not play around. :cool:

@arakboss much thanks for your tireless efforts on this front! All Oregon gunowners owe you a debt of gratitude for helping lead the charge against infringement of our rights.

Today was a busy day appealing to the legislators to look objectively at what this bill would do to nearly a third of the states population, making us instant felons.

Courtney needs his feet held to the fire regarding Prozanski's handling of this bill to begin with. From the gut and stuff to the party line vote out of committee, basically giving Oregonians the middle finger, when there was better than a 5 to 1 against the bill. I plan on hitting him every single day for this, the Oregon Legislature, as it operates today is not operated as a democratic republic but rather as an oligarchic form of government.

Today was a couple more rounds of emails and calls. I'll be drafting more over the weekend, so I can start in fresh Monday morning...

Also hit them on SB1008 which is the repeal of Measure 11, dealing with minors go commit certain crimes. And HB2015, giving drivers licenses to illegal immigrants. Both issues have been settled by ballot measures...

Meanwhile, they're starving our schools for funds and the major school districts are closing for the day on May 8th to protest...

SB 978 Common Sense Gun Control: Stripping the gun rights of law abiding citizens while giving free reign of illegal guns to criminals or non-uniformed combatants is not common sense? But we hear the mantra from the left that it is so.

Dems are already demanding that they go back on their word
View attachment 586255
That's a shame. I mean, a Hi-Point? Jokes aside... where does she get info that it was an incident of "unsafe storage?" Doesn't say that in this article. Also look how many other laws these kids broke. Maybe people should be forced to lock up their alcohol too? They were drunk minors. Also underage consumption of marijuana? Furnishing false information to a police officer? Sounds like a bunch of future criminals on a self destructive path...

Screenshot_20190602-193113_Samsung Internet.jpg

They are referring to the HB that have safe storage requirements not SB 973 which bans a bunch a ton of things. The HB was never in the agreement republicans made with the democrats. Not that any more gun laws are a good thing, I am just pointing out thy did not go back on on the deal.

Underage drinking and drug use (that's experimentation unless it's crack) is celebrated in our country through entertainment and "empowerment". The age of consent is constantly being reduced. While a minor can consent sexually the age of responsibility remains the same. So, bad parents. Shame, shame. If your school age child is confiding in a teacher or counselor, it is very unlikely they would inform the parents and instead refer the child to another government agency. I've seen this first hand and have had this discussion with teachers I know, who pridefully admit, they would never tell parents something. Too many teachers, especially without children of their own believe they know best, in my pinion.

That doesn't absolve parents of responsibilities. Especially parents that are gun owners that don't become part of the gun culture. When I was 14-15, I was helping a friend with some chores. I open a closet and there was a gun rack full of hunting rifles, unsecured. I made a comment to my friend. He and his younger brother thought it was the funniest thing they ever heard. "Do you know what my dad would do to us"? Us, included me. Back when a dad would do what he told you he was going to do. In those days guns were secured with a size 44 belt.

Not an easy fight, it'll only get worse from here, until some of the gun grabbing nit-wits are removed from their positions...

The Republicians really stepped up this year to derail the runaway leftist legislation train. Take a moment to personally thank each of the 11 senate republicians, without them, our constitution rights would have been legislated away as well as that disaster crap and trade would have been an albatross around each of our necks... There was legislation that should have never been passed, but the biggest threats to our state were thwarted by the "Oregon 11"...

Never hurts to ask questions just to see what comes out of their mouths..o_O
Sent to;
[email protected]
NEWS RELEASE
June 30, 2019
Statement by Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick on 2019 Legislative Session Sine Die
Per the story, "We have more work to do in the battles against climate change and gun violence. "

Please define gun violence!
I fully understand violence (in some type of manner or form) by an individual but have yet to EVER witness or even hear of a gun (any type) being violent. That includes my time while in the military.

Dan

Amazing, Mr. Osborn responded rather quickly...Rather unusual but a plus for the response.
Here's his response:
"It's a term for violence involving guns. It's a very common term for acts of violence that include guns. No one is saying an inanimate object is violent here and I myself am a gun owner. The term doesn't offend me at all."

Dan

We've not given up on the fights against gun control or cap and spend... Het ready for the 2020 Legislative season. This is a good time to begin having those conversations and getting organized to fight back against the facist leadership of the currently ruling party here in Oregun...

I was discussing the walkout by Oregon 11 with a lefty that completely refused to admit that we have a runaway Supermajority that is ruling by fiat, not allowing discussion, debate, not referring controversial bills to the people to be voted on, etc. She was insisting that we live in a Democracy and refused to see that pure democracy is mob rule. <sigh>

Makes me think, yet again, that proggies are not worth talking to.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top