JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How about not care if it's legal or not because people shouldn't comply with this bulls**t anyways. They don't deserve our compliance. There comes a point when one must ask themselves, at what point does their laws have no relevance? When are the law makers traitors? Then if they are they have no authority over us and they don't get to dictate to us what is legal or not. We have a duty as American citizens to refuse to comply with immoral, unjust, and unconstitutional "laws".
Anyone can refuse to comply with any law but I can see an advantage to having less laws you don't have to refuse to comply with? Namely less chances of being charged with a crime. If the goal is to simply not comply with any laws, we can do that to, until......

Last Edited:
Roblan's office doubles down to make you a felon.

Senator Arnie Roblan has announced his plans to vote the omnibus anti-gun bill out of committee.

OFF let him know we are prepared for an ad campaign letting his constituents know what he dd. Here is what we got in return.

"....you might have sealed the passage of this gun bill."

Rosie Shatkin
Legislative Policy Advisor
Sen. Arnie Roblan, SD 5
Office: 503.986.1705
I hope to get the real story on what Sen. Roblan's current position is if Rosie emails me back. That might be a big if since she has probably been dealing with some hostile letters as of late.

Edit: still no response from Rosie to my email. But somebody on fb said they received an email from Rosie today and she said Sen. Roblan is still leaning towards no. So maybe Rosie's response to OFF was because of the way OFF wrote their question. Or maybe Sen. Roblan's office responds yes or no depending on who they are talking to.

Last Edited:
I hope to get the real story on what Sen. Roblan's current position is if Rosie emails me back. That might be a big if since she has probably been dealing with some hostile letters as of late.

Edit: still no response from Rosie to my email. But somebody on fb said they received an email from Rosie today and she said Sen. Roblan is still leaning towards no. So maybe Rosie's response to OFF was because of the way OFF wrote their question. Or maybe Sen. Roblan's office responds yes or no depending on who they are talking to.

OFF sent an email today - it said Roblan was going to vote NO "on the floor" but would vote yes in the committee. They said if it GETS to the floor, it will probably pass, but Roblan can say that he voted against it.

I called Roblan's office today and the lady told me Roblan planned to vote NO "on the floor". I thought that was good, but maybe, like OFF says, it's just a trick. But I thought Post said if Roblan was a NO, then Courtney wouldn't put it up for a vote. o_O

OFF sent an email today - it said Roblan was going to vote NO "on the floor" but would vote yes in the committee. They said if it GETS to the floor, it will probably pass, but Roblan can say that he voted against it.

I called Roblan's office today and the lady told me Roblan planned to vote NO "on the floor". I thought that was good, but maybe, like OFF says, it's just a trick. But I thought Post said if Roblan was a NO, then Courtney wouldn't put it up for a vote. o_O
That would make sense politically (for him) as it will allow him more opportunity to keep his seat on the committee and will give Sen. Roblan the most leverage to make amendments in committee. And to everbody here, if you haven't sent a letter, called or visited Sen. Beyer please consider doing that. It could reap the third Dem vote we would need to keep Sen. Courtney from putting this back on the floor.

If Sen. Roblan went in to committee with a committed no position they might replace him. He might want to add amendments to the bill in committee to mitigate the damage in case it does pass. This is part of an email I received from an aid to a State Senator:
"if he is the only "No-vote" in committee that he will have to vote it out of committee and let it go to the floor. She explained that when there is only one person standing in the way, the Senate President will likely remove that person from committee and replace them with another legislator that would vote the bill out of committee."

This would explain Sen. Roblan's strategy, of yes in committee and no on floor.

Last Edited:

I think it would have to have three Dems committed to voting no before Sen. Courtney would hold the bill back from a floor vote. Did Rep. Post suggest who the third Dem might be?

I was thinking about your post #442:
Oregon - SB 978 Place Holder Anti-Gun Bill

Post #441 above yours mentioned Barker, but he's a Rep, not a Senator.
Yeah I think Sen. Beyer is a possible no but probably not likely when the rubber meets the vote. It would be nice if Sen. Beyer would join with Sen. Johnson and Sen. Roblan as a no vote even if it's behind the scenes. I don't know how all the behind the scenes stuff works. But if Sen. Beyer is suspected as no then that could throw some wrenches in the gears of SB 978-5. We should work on him with some effort.

Senator Arnie Roblan is playing a game hoping to convince gun owners he is not trying to turn them into felons while at the same time doing what he can to get this bill passed.

Please contact his office and tell him you don't care how he votes "on the floor" if he does not use his power to kill this bill in committee.
Roblan's Phone 503-986-1705
Roblan's Email [email protected]

Senator Arnie Roblan is playing a game hoping to convince gun owners he is not trying to turn them into felons while at the same time doing what he can to get this bill passed.

Please contact his office and tell him you don't care how he votes "on the floor" if he does not use his power to kill this bill in committee.

Exactly right.
Roblan's Game - Oregon Firearms Federation

Anyone have a guess as to when the committee vote will occur?
Any guess on when the floor vote will occur?
If it passes on the floor does it then go to the House?
Since the mix is 38 Ds to 22 Rs in the house, is that a lost cause?

Got it! So on with convincing Sen. Roblan to kill it in committee.

Exactly right.

Thanks for that link. That all makes sense to me. I will step up my efforts to convince the Sen. to kill it in committee. Wouldn't it be wise for Sen. Roblan to publicly keep his decision on how he will vote in committee up in the air so they don't boot him from committee and then when the vote comes down vote no?

Exactly right.

Would you post this in a fresh thread so we can get this effort to some renewed interest. There are so many different ideas going on in this thread. This one seems like the best option we have had to kill this bill and it deserves extra attention.

Deceipt straight from Sen. Burdick's pen:

"Gun Safety - Senate Bill 978

As a strong supporter of responsible gun ownership, I introduced multiple bills this session that would have made our community safer without infringing on important constitutional rights. Regulating guns in any way is one of the most controversial topics in our state. Successfully passing such legislation requires bold action, but also necessitates an approach that includes people with diverse views regarding guns. Senate Bill 978 accomplishes this balance by taking several crucial steps to ensure our community is safer from guns without regulating the ownership of any firearm or ammunition. It includes requiring the safe storage of firearms and allows more public entities the option to regulate who is carrying firearms on their campuses and in their public buildings."

Source:
Mid-Session Update

Last time I checked criminalizing possession of firearms people already own and/or may want to own in the future is regulating ownership of firearms. She is either outright lying or incompetent of understanding the law in the bill. Because of this she should be removed as Chair of the Rules Committee and replaced with Sen. Betsy Johnson:)
I am not joking about her removal and I encourage others to write Sen. Courtney pointing out this falsehood in a Oregon State publication and ask him to admonish her. It embarasses the entire Senate body and should not be allowed to go unaddressed. At the very least she should recuse herself from voting on SB 978-5 in Rules Committee for her deceipt or clear misunderstanding of the bill.

Feel free to copy and paste any part of this comment in your letters. I will be sending copies to all Republican Senators asking them to file a complaint.

Edit: If anybody can find documention of Sen. Burdick talking about ghost guns or any other firearm ownership topic related to SB 978 please send it my way.

Last Edited:
Let's keep the pressure on Sen. Courtney as well, he has what looks like a massive teacher walkout on May 8th due to lack of school funding...

Remind him we don't have a gun problem in Oregon, but SB 978 would sure create one...

Besides roblan, beyer, and Courtney, who else should be targeted?
I am targeting Sen. Burdick with this email to Sen. Courtney:
Sen. Courtney.
I am requesting that you investigate a matter involving Sen. Burdick misrepresenting the law in Senate Bill 978-5 while using an Oregon State Publication to do so. In a State sanctioned publication titled Mid-Session Update, Sen. Burdick stated the following:
Gun Safety - Senate Bill 978
As a strong supporter of responsible gun ownership, I introduced multiple bills this session that would have made our community safer without infringing on important constitutional rights. Regulating guns in any way is one of the most controversial topics in our state. Successfully passing such legislation requires bold action, but also necessitates an approach that includes people with diverse views regarding guns. Senate Bill 978 accomplishes this balance by taking several crucial steps to ensure our community is safer from guns without regulating the ownership of any firearm or ammunition. It includes requiring the safe storage of firearms and allows more public entities the option to regulate who is carrying firearms on their campuses and in their public buildings. (source)Mid-Session Update

As Majority Leader and Chair of the Senate Rules Committee Sen. Burdick is certainly well aware that Section 17 (2) of SB 978-5 does regulate ownership of firearms. It regulates firearms to a degree this State has never done before. Criminalizing possession, transfers, sales, etc of nearly all firearms manufactured before 1968, nearly all firearms imported prior to 1968 and many home built firearms, is regulating ownership of firearms.

I don't believe Sen. Burdick was so incompetent, that she was unaware of these regulations in SB 978-5. There are at least two other Sections in SB 978-5 that regulate ownership of firearms including Section 16 (2), Section 20 (1) (j).

To resolve this matter I request that the publication in question be amended to reflect that SB 978-5 does regulate ownership of firearms by criminalizing possession of commonly owned firearms with a Class B Felony.

I request that Sen. Burdick recuse herself from voting on SB 978-5 in any further Committee or Senate Floor votes.

I request that Sen. Courtney email me a list of any actions taken on this matter

Thank you.

Last Edited:
Deceipt straight from Sen. Burdick's pen:

"Gun Safety - Senate Bill 978

As a strong supporter of responsible gun ownership, I introduced multiple bills this session that would have made our community safer without infringing on important constitutional rights. Regulating guns in any way is one of the most controversial topics in our state. Successfully passing such legislation requires bold action, but also necessitates an approach that includes people with diverse views regarding guns. Senate Bill 978 accomplishes this balance by taking several crucial steps to ensure our community is safer from guns without regulating the ownership of any firearm or ammunition. It includes requiring the safe storage of firearms and allows more public entities the option to regulate who is carrying firearms on their campuses and in their public buildings."

Source:
Mid-Session Update

Last time I checked criminalizing possession of firearms people already own and/or may want to own in the future is regulating ownership of firearms. She is either outright lying or incompetent of understanding the law in the bill. Because of this she should be removed as Chair of the Rules Committee and replaced with Sen. Betsy Johnson:)
I am not joking about her removal and I encourage others to write Sen. Courtney pointing out this falsehood in a Oregon State publication and ask him to admonish her. It embarasses the entire Senate body and should not be allowed to go unaddressed. At the very least she should recuse herself from voting on SB 978-5 in Rules Committee for her deceipt or clear misunderstanding of the bill.

Feel free to copy and paste any part of this comment in your letters. I will be sending copies to all Republican Senators asking them to file a complaint.

Edit: If anybody can find documention of Sen. Burdick talking about ghost guns or any other firearm ownership topic related to SB 978 please send it my way.

Clearly, Burdick and Williamson, as shown in your previously posted video, just hate guns and gun owners. If they could they would ban every citizen-owned gun today. They are not incompetent - they know exactly what they are doing - destroying the 2A bit by bit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top