JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At least Oregonians have a say in this, we didn't on I594. All gun owners, even the pro 2A liberals here need to give it HE!! till the end!!!:mad:
Good luck.

Not to take away from the current discussion but IIRC I594 was sent to the voters of WA. SB941 is written as emergency legislation and will NOT be sent to a vote of the people. Just trying to understand where the people of Oregon have a say in the matter, aside from blasting the politicians with phone calls and emails trying to change their stance and uphold their oath of office to protect the constitutions of the USA and Oregon.

A lot of senators and representatives ignore emails - in general, I know - but especially if they come from people outside of their district. Whenever I email, I always include at least my first name and my city.

Sen Girod is the senator for my area. I thought he represented me well enough in his speech today.

Not to take away from the current discussion but IIRC I594 was sent to the voters of WA. SB941 is written as emergency legislation and will NOT be sent to a vote of the people. Just trying to understand where the people of Oregon have a say in the matter, aside from blasting the politicians with phone calls and emails trying to change their stance and uphold their oath of office to protect the constitutions of the USA and Oregon.

Oregonians have the Recall option, Wa didn't. All we can do is wait for the jury rigged court system to uphold or overturn I 594.o_O

Yeah. Washington citizens voted. We never even got the chance to vote on this. They just did it. We have no say.

Welcome to the real Democrat agenda. This is just the beginning on gun control and all other people control legislation. If we don't take control of the house, senate, and governorship, as in ALL THREE, away from them in two years we will never be able to undo the damage they are wreaking upon our freedoms.

The abuse of "emergency legislation" to prevent WE THE PEOPLE from overturning their betrayal makes me want to vomit.

Welcome to the real Democrat agenda. This is just the beginning on gun control and all other people control legislation. If we don't take control of the house, senate, and governorship, as in ALL THREE, away from them in two years we will never be able to undo the damage they are wreaking upon our freedoms.

The abuse of "emergency legislation" to prevent WE THE PEOPLE from overturning their betrayal makes me want to vomit.

That clause needs to be removed from their legislative toolbox - THAT is an emergency :mad:

Yes you did, Oregon elected these goons into office knowing full and well what was coming down the pipe.
We warned ya but many made jokes about it.

There is a pretty big difference between a whole state being allowed to vote over an issue and making a desicion versus representatives you didn't vote for, or who don't even represent your your county or district making desicions for you.

Oregonians have the Recall option, Wa didn't. All we can do is wait for the jury rigged court system to uphold or overturn I 594.o_O

The recall is for a specific politician, not the bill itself. Unfortunately, I wish we had the opportunity WA did, to vote on it. It really doesn't matter at this point as its scheduled to be introduced into the house tomorrow along with being assigned into a committee (I forget which one) for a work session. Hopefully we can persuade enough swing votes to shut it down. I don't have a high level of confidence, but its possible.

Yes you did, Oregon elected these goons into office knowing full and well what was coming down the pipe.
We warned ya but many made jokes about it.
^^^^This is worth repeating.^^^^

Its like saying your a 2A supporter while shooting yourself in the foot with your own gun....

Whether we you are in WA or OR, we're all in the same boat here. We all understand the motivation is eventual confiscation and this is just the first step, registration each time something is sold, even though that itself is prohibited as part of the GCA of 1986.

We all know that none of these laws are nothing more than a reactionary, feel good law that will not prevent guns getting into the hands of criminals.

I still don't understand how we managed to give the senate such a strong Democrat majority outside of place like Portland, Eugene and a handful of other D enclaves. Where were the balance votes in the election? No shows? Confused by the ballots? I can't believe there were so many to vote them in. Heck Chuck Riley barely squeaked by right next to Multnomah Co. and it took big Bloomie money to do that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top