JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No chance the unelected replacement Governor will veto this if it clears the house. That's where it has to be stopped, if it can be stopped.

Maybe the fill in governor needs to be reminded that she is only temporary and and will face a vote next year! Signing a bill into law stomping on the rights of the people could and should very well be her undoing. 2A supporters will be voting to get rid of her dumb azz while most of her support base will be sitting at home exercising their rights to smoke a joint and kill off a pound of chips.

More Guts Than a Government Mule

Good morning friends,
More than a few of you have been calling me to ask how I believe Senate Bill 941 will go. The invasive bill would require expanded background checks on firearms transfers.

I believe SB 941 will clear the Senate floor on the upcoming vote and then head for Rules Committee in the House. I believe that Representative Val Hoyle will give the bill a better hearing than it received in the Senate Judiciary Committee. But, after that hearing in House Rules, if all committee members are present, it will head to the House floor on a 5-4 party line vote. Once on the House floor, it gets interesting. But, I do believe that the Democrats will pass SB 941 with 31 votes with no help from a single Republican member.

I really hope I'm a lousy prophet and would absolutely LOVE to be wrong on this one.

Here's how I could be wrong…and here's how you can help.

In my opinion, there are five or six Democrats who could hold fast on the House floor. That would deny the Democrats the 31 that they need. Those Democrats are Reps McKeown, Boone, WITT, Barker, Hoyle and, perhaps, Komp. What would it take for any one of them to hold fast? As my old granddad used to say, "more guts than a government mule".

Please contact those members by clicking on their names above to send an email. Tell them that you appreciate the courage it will take for them to stand against the pressure that will be exerted upon them by their party.

Thank you and rest assured that I will firmly stand against attacks on our Second Amendment.

Sincerely,

Carl Wilson

House District 3

email: [email protected] I phone

Last Edited:
didnt the majority of Oregonians say they didnt want a law like this in November? how can they think its a bill people want when we already said no?

Can someone please post a link to the transcript of the Senate discussion prior to the vote?
If anybody had a chance to watch it, there were some stunning moments of oratorical hyperbole in support - along with magnificently crafted arguments in opposition.
To witness the emotional outbursts of certain Senators in support was embarrassing.
They need to be kept away from dangerous machinery, such as the functioning of Government by the People, FOR the people.
Exaggerated statistical comparison theatrics was a favorite tactic, but when confronted with genuine facts, these rehearsed performances shriveled without coherent rebuttal.

There is power in words, and this debacle would not be upon us without persuasive language.
The opposition spoke the truth eloquently with conviction.
A link to the transcript would give us all valuable information about what really happened today, and what we can do NOW.
BTW: the discussion ran from 10:30 AM until 1PM; when the vote was taken.
It was all over by 1:04 PM

http://oregon.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?clip_id=9238

Here's the official website for the hearings and recorded data from the sessions. Navigate around and you should be able to find what you need. Keep up the pressure guys we gotta beat this thing and still get the RECALL efforts rolling on these commie SOB
Thanks JR.
This link opens to committee work sessions yesterday, not the Measure before the Senate, or debate before the vote. Please help. Thanks again for your quick reply!

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Measures/Overview/SB941

I believe this is the main page for the SB 941 and all activity should be updated on its detail. If anyone else has the know on schedules for the sessions so we can watch on that website what would be good
This one is awesome too, listing all the documents and testimony submitted prior to the 3rd reading and vote 4/14. Can see who the good guys and bad guys are here.
Still need the actual floor session link. Good hunting JR. Anyone else?
To have seen and heard Senator Ferrioli was priceless. Must share, can't find it (yet).

Last Edited:
This one is awesome too, listing all the documents and testimony submitted prior to the 3rd reading and vote 4/14. Can see who the good guys and bad guys are here.
Still need the actual floor session link. Good hunting JR. Anyone else?
To have seen and heard Senator Ferrioli was priceless. Must share, can't find it (yet).

http://oregon.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?clip_id=9244
If you click on Ferrioli's name on the right, it'll jump the video to his part.

Or I broke out just his part here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads