JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, that background check bill is up for vote in the Senate tomorrow.

I work in the building and happen to know firsthand that all the Senators and Representatives are getting A TON of emails about it, mostly opposing. I'm curious how the vote will go.

I bet there are going to be a bunch of speeches on the Senate floor If you're so inclined, you can watch it live:
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/2015-04-14. It'll probably be a long session, fyi.

And no, I don't work in any politician's office or anything like that. I'm just a lowly nobody, so please don't ask me to talk to anyone or do whatever. I am, however, going to block out some time on my calendar tomorrow morning so I can get the haps on it.

Sounds like now is the time to make a final push to contact ALL of your reps/senators about this and at least try to drive it home that this is a completely useless and unenforceable piece of legislation that only creates criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens that does nothing in regards to reducing gun crime/violence.

I work in the building and happen to know firsthand that all the Senators and Representatives are getting A TON of emails about it, mostly opposing. I'm curious how the vote will go.

I saw in a recent MomsDemand-OR post that they were thanking the group at the NRA convention in Tennessee for calling into Oregon in support of SB941. As well as an earlier post about using robo-callers as well. Do the people at the capital pick that up? I'm just wondering if you know how it's received or filtered as a lot of the callers I just previously mentioned are probably out of state.

I saw in a recent MomsDemand-OR post that they were thanking the group at the NRA convention in Tennessee for calling into Oregon in support of SB941. As well as an earlier post about using robo-callers as well. Do the people at the capital pick that up? I'm just wondering if you know how it's received or filtered as a lot of the callers I just previously mentioned are probably out of state.

I just got an email from CeaseFire about their anticipated historic vote tomorrow and encouraging those to support SB 941. Let's all continue to oppose and email our legislators to vote this down! thanks.....

Maybe a simple question like, "is SB 941 important enough to you to face a recall petition?" Your time would be better spent on improving the economy, creating jobs and improving our schools. Get off the Bloomberg payroll and go back to work for the people of Oregon on issues that actually matter to the people of Oregon.

Maybe a simple question like, "is SB 941 important enough to you to face a recall petition?" Your time would be better spent on improving the economy, creating jobs and improving our schools. Get off the Bloomberg payroll and go back to work for the people of Oregon on issues that actually matter to the people of Oregon.
Just sent this to all Senators:

Gun "Violence" vs. Gun Abuse

A gun is a powerful and violent machine, when in use as designed.
The Abuse of any powerful machine can often tragically lead to destruction, injury or death.
The negligent, deliberate or careless Abuse of dangerous machinery is a Criminal act, and is punishable, when prosecuted, under existing Laws.
The Criminal Abuse of Firearms that results in damage, injury, or death are Regulated Behaviors; currently punishable by Prosecution under Existing Laws – with severe consequences.

Sb 941 does nothing to actually enhance Safety, despite the title.
This flawed Legislation has aroused individuals and groups across the State in Opposition.
Many Local and Regional Governments and Law Enforcement Departments have stated that they will not enforce SB 941 if enacted.

Please consider a different approach:
1) Restoration of Funding for Enforcement and Prosecution
2) Cooperation with Law Enforcement, Prosecutors, Merchants and Responsible Gun Owners, to produce workable Legislative solutions, instead of emotional, fear based experiments.

Who really believes that SB 941, if enacted, will stem the Abuse of Firearms by people already prohibited from owning them – or stop the spread of weapons among criminals?

Please vote NO on SB 941.
It creates a divisive climate in which to do the real work of reducing the Abuse of Firearms, and is Wrong for Oregon.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
D.Ed Guinn
Happy Valley Oregon

Just sent this to all Senators:

Gun "Violence" vs. Gun Abuse

A gun is a powerful and violent machine, when in use as designed.
The Abuse of any powerful machine can often tragically lead to destruction, injury or death.
The negligent, deliberate or careless Abuse of dangerous machinery is a Criminal act, and is punishable, when prosecuted, under existing Laws.
The Criminal Abuse of Firearms that results in damage, injury, or death are Regulated Behaviors; currently punishable by Prosecution under Existing Laws – with severe consequences.

Sb 941 does nothing to actually enhance Safety, despite the title.
This flawed Legislation has aroused individuals and groups across the State in Opposition.
Many Local and Regional Governments and Law Enforcement Departments have stated that they will not enforce SB 941 if enacted.

Please consider a different approach:
1) Restoration of Funding for Enforcement and Prosecution
2) Cooperation with Law Enforcement, Prosecutors, Merchants and Responsible Gun Owners, to produce workable Legislative solutions, instead of emotional, fear based experiments.

Who really believes that SB 941, if enacted, will stem the Abuse of Firearms by people already prohibited from owning them – or stop the spread of weapons among criminals?

Please vote NO on SB 941.
It creates a divisive climate in which to do the real work of reducing the Abuse of Firearms, and is Wrong for Oregon.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
D.Ed Guinn
Happy Valley Oregon
Got this back immediately...Thank you for emailing the office of Oregon State Senator Chris Edwards. Due to the high volume of emails we are currently receiving, we ask for your patience in responding.

Now is not the time to give up. It still has to go through the discussion phase and voting in the House of Representatives. Here is an excerpt from the action steps that Congressman Wilson has suggested:

In my opinion, there are five or six Democrats who could hold fast on the House floor. That would deny the Democrats the 31 that they need. Those Democrats are Reps McKeown, Boone, Witt, Barker, Hoyle and, perhaps, Komp. What would it take for any one of them to hold fast? As my old granddad used to say, "more guts than a government mule".
It's so easy to send a few emails, don't know why anyone wouldn't just go ahead and do it.
viewonline_crop.jpg

oregon-hourerepresentative-carl-wilson_crop.jpg

More Guts Than a Government Mule
Good morning friends,

More than a few of you have been calling me to ask how I believe Senate Bill 941 will go. The invasive bill would require expanded background checks on firearms transfers.

I believe SB 941 will clear the Senate floor on the upcoming vote and then head for Rules Committee in the House. I believe that Representative Val Hoyle will give the bill a better hearing than it received in the Senate Judiciary Committee. But, after that hearing in House Rules, if all committee members are present, it will head to the House floor on a 5-4 party line vote. Once on the House floor, it gets interesting. But, I do believe that the Democrats will pass SB 941 with 31 votes with no help from a single Republican member.

I really hope I'm a lousy prophet and would absolutely LOVE to be wrong on this one.

Here's how I could be wrong…and here's how you can help.

In my opinion, there are five or six Democrats who could hold fast on the House floor. That would deny the Democrats the 31 that they need. Those Democrats are Reps McKeown, Boone, Witt, Barker, Hoyle and, perhaps, Komp. What would it take for any one of them to hold fast? As my old granddad used to say, "more guts than a government mule".

Please contact those members by clicking on their names above to send an email. Tell them that you appreciate the courage it will take for them to stand against the pressure that will be exerted upon them by their party.

Thank you and rest assured that I will firmly stand against attacks on our Second Amendment.

Sincerely,

Carl Wilson

House District 3

email: [email protected] I phone: 503-986-1403
address: 900 Court St NE, H-390, Salem, OR 97301

I got that same email just a short time ago. I can only hope it will be easier to swing a few needed votes in the house than it is in the senate. Damn the people that put these morons in office - careless voting people, really careless. I wonder which rights you want them to take away next? Free speech? Freedom of assembly? Private property rights? Every step they take on our rights is another step toward taking the next.

Now is not the time to give up. It still has to go through the discussion phase and voting in the House of Representatives. Here is an excerpt from the action steps that Congressman Wilson has suggested:

It's so easy to send a few emails, don't know why anyone wouldn't just go ahead and do it.​
View attachment 230056

View attachment 230057

More Guts Than a Government Mule
Good morning friends,

More than a few of you have been calling me to ask how I believe Senate Bill 941 will go. The invasive bill would require expanded background checks on firearms transfers.

I believe SB 941 will clear the Senate floor on the upcoming vote and then head for Rules Committee in the House. I believe that Representative Val Hoyle will give the bill a better hearing than it received in the Senate Judiciary Committee. But, after that hearing in House Rules, if all committee members are present, it will head to the House floor on a 5-4 party line vote. Once on the House floor, it gets interesting. But, I do believe that the Democrats will pass SB 941 with 31 votes with no help from a single Republican member.

I really hope I'm a lousy prophet and would absolutely LOVE to be wrong on this one.

Here's how I could be wrong…and here's how you can help.

Please contact those members by clicking on their names above to send an email. Tell them that you appreciate the courage it will take for them to stand against the pressure that will be exerted upon them by their party.

Thank you and rest assured that I will firmly stand against attacks on our Second Amendment.

Sincerely,

Carl Wilson

House District 3

email: [email protected] I phone: 503-986-1403
address: 900 Court St NE, H-390, Salem, OR 97301
This needs to be repeated. This needs to be an "action item" sticky at the top of the forum for today....

Caveman Jim, there is nothing preventing anyone out of state from emailing any of our senators in opposition to SB 941.

We can use all the help we can get. Ive even posted this topic on another (national) gun forum.

And for those in states that are still free, if Oregon loses this you do too because you will be next.....

So I'm watching the Senate session where they'll vote on this. Starting out, all the R's are moving to withdraw a bunch of bills from the Judiciary Committee - same committee that fast tracked 941. For each, they're giving quick speeches and talking about how the other bills focus on safety and helping people, whereas 941 doesn't. All the motions are failing, and along party lines, of course. They know the D's have the votes, so the R's are basically trying to draw it out as much as possible.

I don't know if we do actual filibusters here in Oregon, but it's basically that.

All seriousness set a side, it's rather entertaining. And that's before actually talking about the bill directly.

Caveman Jim, there is nothing preventing anyone out of state from emailing any of our senators in opposition to SB 941.

We can use all the help we can get. Ive even posted this topic on another (national) gun forum.

And for those in states that are still free, if Oregon loses this you do too because you will be next.....

I didn't know out of staters could do this. Well I guess if Doomberg and his minions can influence elections and initives then so can I. Look out folks the e-mails will be flying like saw boards on a truck on the interstate and not strapped down!!!:p:p:p

Oh and just to let you know, we (WA) were the first, you guys are next right now & we warned ya.......:D

I didn't know out of staters could do this. Well I guess if Doomberg and his minions can influence elections and initives then so can I. Look out folks the e-mails will be flying like saw boards on a truck on the interstate and not strapped down!!!:p:p:p

Oh and just to let you know, we (WA) were the first, you guys are next right now & we warned ya.......:D

Exactly...

Its also worth noting that your chances of repealing 594 diminishes with every new state that enacts UBCs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top