JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The efforts opposing this bill and likely the recall efforts appear to be getting some attention. I saw some of Bloomberg's money being spent last night in the form of and ad pushing SB 941 on KATU. I did my best to keep from puking and think I heard "loophole" and "children" about 85 times. I feel like my TV has been violated and I don't enjoy watching it as much.

They are worried now if they are resorting to commercial ads to get/keep public support. Time to double down on our side - they have DEEP out of state pockets to fund this crap.
Saw the ad where that "gun owner" wants background checks to keep his kid safe then at the bottom the ad was paid for by everytown. Stay in your own bubblegumty state!
The problem is that the money has already been "donated" to them in mass amounts, seeing the NRA cards I was actually surprised because I figured they thought it was a lost cause. All it takes is a few renegades and we can stop this. I feel that if the recall pressure is applied hard enough it will have results in our favor, none of these people want to be out of power.

I say even if the pressure defeats SB941 the recall should still happen.....

100% agreed. They need to see gun control legislation as hazardous to their political health. Make it an issue neither side wants to pursue, regardless of the amount of out of state cash that buys their loyalty. I hope at least a half-dozen or so can be taken down to teach these folks that they work for us.

E-mailed all the dems in the house with the following. I'm sure it will be ignored since they say i am a fringe citizen.

Why do you not honor the back ground check I passed for my CHL? Is the one you propose "better"? After all it will cost me more money each time I purchase a firearm to exercise my 2nd amendment rights.

941 is not well thought out is it? Most of the shootings that have been publicized were conducted by those who had passed back ground checks proving they are worthless.

It is evident that this bill is laying the ground work for future fire arm confiscation.

That is why the recall efforts are being initiated.

When it was still in the Senate, I emailed my rep, senator and the committee saying that I get that not everyone would share my views on the bill, but suggested adding an exception for folks with a CHL.

They're all getting a thousands of emails - most are from those auto-mailers and from what I've seen, most are against. Then a lot of them use Outlook rules to separate the emails into like for/against folders. And then they bulk reply. But one of the problems with the auto-mailers is that when they go to bulk reply, it pulls the auto-mailer email address rather than your own actual email address.

SO. All that to say: I always send my own dumb email. If I can't be bothered to write out what I think, then I prob shouldn't cry when I don't hear anything back.

When it was still in the Senate, I emailed my rep, senator and the committee saying that I get that not everyone would share my views on the bill, but suggested adding an exception for folks with a CHL.

While the bill was in Senate Judiciary Committee an amendment to that effect was proposed but not adopted. So someone is listening, just not anyone who cares.

got this in answer to my e-mail (post 25) at least there is a recognition of amendments----hopefully the recalls will affect the debate

Dear R.E.,

Thanks for your email. I have always been a strong 2nd Amendment supporter, and I will continue to be so. I also support reasonable background checks; however I recognize the need to weigh any changes in current requirements very carefully. Law abiding citizens should not be burdened with unnecessary paperwork that doesn't achieve the safety that we desire, and amendments to SB 941, that might have made some differences, were not accepted by the committee. The bill will undergo another review now that it has reached the House, and I will keep your comments in mind as the bill continues to move through the process. Again, thanks for taking the time to write.

Brad Witt

I've taken a similar tack. I realize many won't like what I've written, calling it conciliatory, but politics is the art of displeasing everyone.

Dear Rep. Helm

Soon SB 941, the gun safety act, will be making to the floor of the House. I realize by now you and every other member of the House and Senate have been inundated with e-mails and phone calls regarding this piece of legislation.
I must add my own voice to the cacophony which has arisen in the hope that changes in the bill can be made to satisfy as many as possible.

As a constituent of your district, a registered Democrat, and a gun owner I am concerned over what I perceive as a flaw in this bill. This bill makes no exemption for those gun owners who possess a valid concealed handgun license (CHL).
Those of us who have the CHL have already undergone extensive background checks with OSP and local County Sheriffs, have surrendered our fingerprints, photographs and addresses. To pass the bill, in it's current form , is tantamount to a $10 sales tax each time I purchase a firearm either from a dealer or a private party. This becomes burdensome to me in both time and money as I would have to go through the whole process of filling out a 4473 form and getting fingerprinted again and again.

I am against back door taxation.

Sir, if this bill goes to a vote without such an amendment I respectfully urge you to vote NO on it and send it back to committee.

Last Edited:
i will continue to email my thoughts on SB941 -- even tho i doubt they care.

and if it should pass, i pledge myself a partisan to fight economically by buying new firearms each month .. more weapons and more ammo .. financial support for our firearm industry brothers and sisters. We have some of the best names right here in the PNW!

Call everyone you know in the districts which are contemplating recall and encourage them to get involved!
Here are the districts and the Candidates for Recall!
mugshots.png

I'll continue to make financial contributions to OFF and assist any way I can. I'm here in Cedar Hills. My impressions of reading the faces above, from left to right: Smug, Confused, Out of Touch with Reality.

I'll continue to make financial contributions to OFF and assist any way I can. I'm here in Cedar Hills. My impressions of reading the faces above, from left to right: Smug, Confused, Out of Touch with Reality.
Many of the people posting comments here, http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...-files-recall-petition-against-rep.-hoyle.csp, have lost some of their smugness but seem greatly confused and out of touch with reality.
I think they are worried the recalls are going to work. Some of the anti's are resorting to irrational name calling.
Pretty good restraint from the pro gun side so far though. Shows a certain maturity the other side lacks.

Hmm, I went to the link posted, but all of the comments are gone. The comments must have not gone the way the liberal media would have liked.

Still works for me too. Here's a sample.

Join the discussion…

Joe Ennes2 hours ago
    Is this not an infringement on our right to bear arms?

• Guest • 4 hours ago
    right wing gun nuts cannot win at the ballot box. Only a sick twisted person would oppose expanded background checks. Hey gun nuts, you were SHELLACKED in 2014 when John Hickenlooper and Dannel Malloy won re-election and when i594 passed in WA State. you gun huggers are a cowardly sick bunch

• a day ago
    Bloomberg's cash equals corruption. A state divided will never unite under that flag.

• a day ago
    If I understand the current law - a person can be released from jail and placed on parole for murder and buy as many guns as he likes without any oversight. Who thinks this is a good idea?

• Bill Brennan9 hours ago
    There are a few ways to think about governance. Mainly by way of assuming either innocence until proven guilty or guilt until proven innocent. One of which has been used as justification for wiretapping, NSA mass survelliance, the patriot act, NDAA, and universal background checks. I would put forward that there are two types of people in this world, those who care about their community and those who don't. I would hope you agree that those who care about the law and community around them don't actively seek to offend either. But some people don't care about the community or the law and are fine disregarding them. These people will always exist regardless of whether every word you type and every dollar you spend is logged.

what is more effective than mass survelliance or namely, universal background checks is being an active member of your community. Making sure you know your neighbors so those who don't care about your community cant take advantage of your ignorance.

But who am I to say. Personal responsibility for the community at large will always fall way to empty promises of protection.

• Bill Brennana day ago
    I don't think you understand. Parole? You mean he served time, convicted for murder now on parole? No the Law now says he can not legally buy a gun. Any one selling him a gun is breaking the Law as he is a convicted felon on parole.
    He can however buy a stolen gun or steal one no matter how many gun laws the Nanny State Dems pass. He will get a gun if he wants it, just like in Democrat controlled Chicago where the honest law abiding citizens are left defenseless against the lawless gangs that have taken over there. Despite really strict gun Laws!
    Murder Suspect out on bail? If he really committed murder, again do you think a law will stop him? Try and use some logic.
    If he's innocent do you think the govt. should seize his property on shaky evidence that wasn't solid enough to keep him in jail?
    What kind of Orwellian Police State are you willing to put up with for a little false sense of security? What kind of future are you trying to set up for your kids?

• Concerned Citizen16 hours ago
    Oh, I understand it now - we take the murderer at his word when he denies having a criminal record because he was rehabilitated by the prison system and would never lie? Wait that makes as much sense as leaving guns loaded in your toddlers toy bin

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top