JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a member at both clubs and I have not heard anything from either. I've contacted both but it may be to late to get it through their boards and out in time. Anyone able to fast track this?

Might want to check with someone on the board first. From what I've seen at other clubs, some members are very active in local politics and know exactly what's going on. However, the board may feel that it's best to keep politics off of the club sites.

DRRC sent email to members today
drrc_logo_flat.2.jpg

Important Information

Whether you are a DRRC member or not there is important legislation coming up in Oregon that would have a huge negative impact on law abiding gun owners and those that value their second amendment rights. And the public hearing for this is tomorrow, April 1st. If you can, please act to help stop this.

Below is an email from OFF (Oregon Firearms Federation) with a brief explanation and links to more details.

Also here is a link to the NRA ILA website with important information on this activity.

Bill Mattes, DRRC Public Relations Officer, will be headed to Salem tomorrow to try and testify to this situation. If you would like to be there to support Bill and make your voice heard you can contact Bill. His contact information is on our website at this link.

Thank you for your time,
Charlie

1.jpg

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

Just in time for April Fools Day, SB 941 , the gun owner registration bill, is scheduled for a hearing on April 1 at 8AM in Hearing Room 50 before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

We told you they were going to race this through and they sure are.

The bill is scheduled to be voted on in that committee the following day.

This bill is far worse then we expected. You will NOT be allowed to transfer a firearm by simply calling the State Police (which often ends in a false denial anyway.) Under this bill you will be required to run the transaction through a dealer. The potential complications of this are too many to list. Most dealers will want nothing to do with this, the cost will be high and that is only if you happen to be in a place where there is a dealer available!

We MUST turn up the heat to defeat this dreadful Bloomberg funded bill! If you can be at this hearing, please come. But if not, please be sure to contact the legislature and express your outrage at this attack on your rights. We have very little time.

Way to go Bill. Wish I could be there but am currently out of town.

They may also be a good place to get petitions signed if things dont go our way.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews