JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We really need emails of support that can be used in the OLIS system to help show support for education. The other side is actively trying to do the same to ruin our chances of proceeding. You can email me directly your emails in support and I can get them to the right place.

[email protected]

We really need emails of support that can be used in the OLIS system to help show support for education. The other side is actively trying to do the same to ruin our chances of proceeding. You can email me directly your emails in support and I can get them to the right place.

[email protected]
Sent along an email with word doc attachment. Hope this helps the for arguement.

A couple of educators stopped by our table at the rally this weekend and we asked them about this bill. They were generally supportive of it but suggested that the class be taught via a standardized video rather then different random people. I though this was a great idea. What does @LethalLovebird think about this idea?

A couple of educators stopped by our table at the rally this weekend and we asked them about this bill. They were generally supportive of it but suggested that the class be taught via a standardized video rather then different random people. I though this was a great idea. What does @LethalLovebird think about this idea?
I know you're not asking me, and my only experience as an educator is my grand mother, but a standardized video can only ever serve as an aid to a teacher and not a replacement...
If anyone wants to incorporate a video aid into the class, great. I'll refrain from any comment about teachers who think a video can replace them...

Was anything from driving/bicycling videos memorable, other than bloody tarmac and smashed watermelons?

I know you're not asking me, and my only experience as an educator is my grand mother, but a standardized video can only ever serve as an aid to a teacher and not a replacement...
If anyone wants to incorporate a video aid into the class, great. I'll refrain from any comment about teachers who think a video can replace them...

Was anything from driving/bicycling videos memorable, other than bloody tarmac and smashed watermelons?
I vaguely remember video on drugs.

The positive of a video is that if the teacher is anti-2nd amendment, even though it is strictly "don't touch", they are sure to inject their own bias into it. At least a video as part of the plan can counter that prejudice.

BATTLE PLAN!
if this gets more traction and can move forward, what we all need is a unified plan of attack moving forward!

Let us know what you have ahead, and we can step up and help out as needed!
Im just a few miles from the Golden Logger in Salem, use me!:)

For decades the children have been getting indoctrinated into Leftism and that is NOT the type of training they want for the children. Knowing multiple teachers in these schools through family connections the goal is to continue to install the "fear" of a shooting and the training is "what to do when our school is the next target". The goal is to keep the fear high because again, these are the future voters.

Look at the police force where the conservative Sherifs and police officers are all much older and retiring. All the "new blood" into the police force is now very much against any conservative values and certainly against the 2A.

This transcends into most positions in government; conservatives generally just want to be left alone whereas those on the opposite spectrum enjoy writing up these new laws, getting into the political battles, gaining the signatures and "making a difference for your future", etc.

Last I remember from looking at those that vote in this country, Democrats get out to vote in far greater numbers than conservatives. Further, still only a very small percentage overall vote. I saw continue the push to vote but its too little too late now. This is mostly because the Democrats were better at playing this chess game and knew that to win the war you need to take over the youth; and that they did.

This is all good and training is a big part of things going in the right direction. That said, I have a feeling that this will mostly backfire on conservatives as the opposition will carry on with "the situation is so bad in this country that 1st graders have to be taught about the guns that are being used to murder them". It will not be spun very nicely and likely generate even more hatred and cause more Democrats to go out and vote.

Well start your own thread. This is a inspirational and informative post. I will not allow it to be hijacked for personal reasons. You have had ample opportunity to be involved and help out. I'd appreciate if you would back out. I'm not going there.

Please stay on topic per OP request. Thank you in advance.

It's actually completely within the OP topic and based on my own personal experience in teaching firearm safety to children myself. But I get that some people don't want to hear the reality of where we are today; completely understand that so will "back out" of this thread in particular. Best of luck LethalLovebird, my intent was not to take away from an inspirational and informative post but just add my recent first hand experience.

Will be more careful which threads to speak up on; still learning where all the thin ice is around here =)

It's actually completely within the OP topic and based on my own personal experience in teaching firearm safety to children myself. But I get that some people don't want to hear the reality of where we are today; completely understand that so will "back out" of this thread in particular. Best of luck LethalLovebird, my intent was not to take away from an inspirational and informative post but just add my recent first hand experience.

Will be more careful which threads to speak up on; still learning where all the thin ice is around here =)
I appreciate your input, there might have been more effective ways to communicate your message. Typically when people use terms such as rant, it speaks to their emotional state while posting. While I know this can be a hard subject to talk about. Tensions are extremely high right now. I get it, I'm glad you were able to vent. It's important to do so. What I cannot have is this whole thread derailed the day before I go in front of the education committee. So I had to Buck up on you to set a tone. I apologize for that and I appreciate you understanding that. I need all the thoughts and prayers tomorrow. I'm going to attempt what few have or can. I want everyone there with me. In spirit. I hope this makes sense. Thank you. Derek.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top