JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The rally in a couple weeks would be a great place to advertise your bill for additional support. I am betting a lot of people don't know about it. Maybe Radian would let you setup a table so you can lay out what you need for support?

(Wouldn't mind sponsors being able to setup a table for each of the pro/neutral 2nd A bills)
I'm scared of the chaos that could ensue. I might avoid the rally all together.

I'm copying & sending this bill to MY legislators in Wa. Yes I'm stealing it but I'll give you the credit and credit for one hell of a nice job!

Dan

Not sure why this would go to the judiciary committee instead of education. Any idea what their rationale was? Doesn't seem like a positive sign.

Oregon House Speaker Shuffles Committees After Conduct Complaints

Well, Bill Post has just been removed from the judiciary committee. And look who's on that committee...
Senate Judiciary Home Page

Rob Wagner (Of the Lake O kids bill 501), Michael Dembrow. Two extremely anti 2nd characters, and the UBER anti, Floyd Prozanski.

I'm not worried about them. Shemia Fagan is a cosponsor. She will nuilify Wagner. I'm in Floyd's district and we are based here. I can mobilize a lot of people if he pushes back.

Big wins today. We have a public hearing set. I'm preparing my testimony and recruiting allies to help. The Rep that is helping us, says we have a really good chance of this passing. I will keep you all posted. I'm so thankful for your support!!

55D64C0C-215A-4E58-9C02-755C9B300392.jpeg C1BFC045-8BD8-4CEF-87D4-026A3A0927F4.jpeg 1C619C5B-4FCB-42A6-8E4A-F3BE0CAFC8F3.jpeg

Man, I love this community; all pulling together for freedom. What more can you ask for. :)
I can't put anything on Facebook. Too toxic, you all have been a great sounding board and have been really supportive. I really appreciate the encouragement,

B26A7384-2D72-453A-BC44-F07472BB0602.jpeg CALL TO ACTION IN REGARDS TO SB 801.

We have a public hearing set for 3/27 in front of the Education Committee on the Senate side. This will be our very first huge test. Senator Wagner D Portland is the chair of the committee, he is the Chief sponsor of SB 501 and could torpedo our chance at getting our "Common Sense" legislation passed on the next committee.

Here's what we need from you!! We need positive emails of support for our education program. It's really important to leave politics at the door and speak to the importance of education. You can send your emails to me directly and I will make sure they will go to the right place. What's important to know, once I submit your email to the OLIS System, it will become public record. Before the hearing, everyone on the committee will read your emails and this will help shape their opinions of SB 801 to help move this forward.

Throughout this process I've learned so much about how the system works, it has made me into a more effective advocate for our gun rights. We are on the verge of something very historic in the state of Oregon. Please help us make safety education a reality for the kids of Oregon. I have attached a sample email of what I'd kind of like to see from you. You can email me your Testimony at [email protected] Thank you!! ZERO firearm accidents is the only acceptable goal!!

Oppositions opinion and call to action on SB 801:
SB 801: A proposed bill to place the burden of gun safety on first graders but not gun buyers.

The Senate has scheduled SB 801 for a hearing in the Senate Committee on Education on March 27 at 1:00 PM in Hearing Room B in the Oregon Capitol.

Please call the members of the Senate Education Committee to say that you oppose SB 801 and that the Senate should schedule a hearing for SB 501 The Students Bill.

Chair: Senator Rob Wagner 503-986-1719
Vice-Chair: Senator Chuck Thomsen 503-986-1726
Member: Senator Sara Gelser 503-986-1708
Member: Senator Mark Hass 503-986-1714
Member: Senator Dallas Heard 503-986-1701

Ask the Senators:
Why are Oregon legislators placing the burden on first graders to learn gun safety but not requiring Oregon gun owners to learn gun safety before purchasing a gun?

Why is the burden of gun safety placed on six-year-olds but not on adult gun owners in the form of safe storage, training, and other regulations proven to reduce gun violence?

Why are Oregon legislators submitting concepts that studies show do not reduce gun violence? Children who participate in gun safety programs often ignore what they learned when encountering a real firearm, according to a Rutgers School of Nursing study. [Rutgers University. (2018, May 15). Gun safety programs do not prevent children from handling firearms: Findings suggest that children do not retain safety skills when encountering a firearm in a real-world scenario. ScienceDaily. Retrieved February 17, 2019 from www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180515113601.htm]

What ceasefire completely ignores in the study they provided as evidence against SB 801 is this juicy little nugget taken from summary of the study:
"While confirming that such programs are still essential, they stress that parents are the front line of defense when it comes to safeguarding their children from accidental shootings -- and that they cannot rely on safety training alone."

Please blow up Ceasfire Oregon's social media accts and inform them of this glaring omission in their lazy attempt at countering another positive bill proposed by responsible 2A supporters:

Security Check Required

Ceasefire Oregon (@CeasefireOregon) | Twitter

info@[email protected]

503-451-3630

Also contact the same Legislator's that ceasefire wanted their supporters to contact and point out that this program is essential for the safety of our kids. as ceasefire mistakenly pointed out in their failed attempt to defeat the bill. Good Luck on this bill. @LethalLovebird

Last Edited:
2D89141A-D4B6-4A29-819C-A41D65C1887E.jpeg 2D89141A-D4B6-4A29-819C-A41D65C1887E.jpeg
Oppositions opinion and call to action on SB 801:
SB 801: A proposed bill to place the burden of gun safety on first graders but not gun buyers.

The Senate has scheduled SB 801 for a hearing in the Senate Committee on Education on March 27 at 1:00 PM in Hearing Room B in the Oregon Capitol.

Please call the members of the Senate Education Committee to say that you oppose SB 801 and that the Senate should schedule a hearing for SB 501 The Students Bill.

Chair: Senator Rob Wagner 503-986-1719
Vice-Chair: Senator Chuck Thomsen 503-986-1726
Member: Senator Sara Gelser 503-986-1708
Member: Senator Mark Hass 503-986-1714
Member: Senator Dallas Heard 503-986-1701

Ask the Senators:
Why are Oregon legislators placing the burden on first graders to learn gun safety but not requiring Oregon gun owners to learn gun safety before purchasing a gun?

Why is the burden of gun safety placed on six-year-olds but not on adult gun owners in the form of safe storage, training, and other regulations proven to reduce gun violence?

Why are Oregon legislators submitting concepts that studies show do not reduce gun violence? Children who participate in gun safety programs often ignore what they learned when encountering a real firearm, according to a Rutgers School of Nursing study. [Rutgers University. (2018, May 15). Gun safety programs do not prevent children from handling firearms: Findings suggest that children do not retain safety skills when encountering a firearm in a real-world scenario. ScienceDaily. Retrieved February 17, 2019 from www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180515113601.htm]

What ceasefire completely ignores in the study they provided as evidence against SB 801 is this juicy little nugget taken from summary of the study:
"While confirming that such programs are still essential, they stress that parents are the front line of defense when it comes to safeguarding their children from accidental shootings -- and that they cannot rely on safety training alone."

Please blow up Ceasfire Oregon's social media accts and inform them of this glaring omission in their lazy attempt at countering another positive bill proposed by responsible 2A supporters:

Security Check Required

Ceasefire Oregon (@CeasefireOregon) | Twitter

[email protected]

503-451-3630

Also contact the same Legislator's that ceasefire wanted their supporters to contact and point out that this program is essential for the safety of our kids. as ceasefire mistakenly pointed out in their failed attempt to defeat the bill. Good Luck on this bill. @LethalLovebird
Thank you!! It's turned into a street fight. We need help. I have already destroyed their arguments with actual data. I need help.

View attachment 559271 View attachment 559271
Thank you!! It's turned into a street fight. We need help. I have already destroyed their arguments with actual data. I need help.
@LethalLovebird you have been fighting hard for kids and us and I hope people will step up to assist you in this effort.

To everybody else: Writing your legislator's is not a difficult task. The basic info need for a letter is right here on this thread. I know you guys are probably sick of writing letters already but considering all the work @LethalLovebird has put in to these efforts it seems like a small sacrifice of your time.

My tweet: The study you provided as evidence against SB 801 says this: "While confirming that such programs are still essential,.... So join the effort to save kids lives through education about gun safety! SB 801 is good for kids.

My Facebook reply: Folks Ceasefire Oregon has been disingenuous with their supporters and legislators. They suggested a study provides grounds for not supporting SB 801 which aims to educate students about gun safety. Ceasefire Oregon has intentionally left out that the study deems these safety programs as essential: "While confirming that such programs are still essential, they stress that parents are the front line of defense when it comes to safeguarding their children from accidental shootings -- and that they cannot rely on safety training alone." Please contact your legislator and ask them to support this essential part of keeping our kids safe.

Emails to legislators will happen this weekend.

Last Edited:
As far as studies go...
If you look into almost any subject long enough , you can find studies , data , numbers . etc that will contradict each other...All for various reasons.

More importantly to the topic :
Why wouldn't you want your child , or any child , to learn the skills to safely handle a firearm or safely react when being around firearms...?

We have Drivers Education classes , yet we also still have unsafe drivers...
Should we abandon Drivers Education classes , because of the folks who refuse to use what they learned..?...No.
The same with Firearm Safety classes...should we abandon them , because people won't use the skills they learned there...?...Of course not .

We have a Bill here that wants to put into place actual safety measures that harms no one or curtails the Rights of anyone...Seems strange to me , for folks to be against something like that.
Andy

@LethalLovebird you have been fighting hard for kids and us and I hope people will step up to assist you in this effort.

To everybody else: Writing your legislator's is not a difficult task. The basic info need for a letter is right here on this thread. I know you guys are probably sick of writing letters already but considering all the work @LethalLovebird has put in to these efforts it seems like a small sacrifice of your time.
I'm honored to have your support.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR