JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
DRIVING THROUGH TACOMA YESTERDAY ON MY WAY TO THE FEED MILL. SAW THIS OUTSIDE THE POST OFFICE. YES THE FLAG IS UPSIDE DOWN. I WAS FURIOUS AT FIRST... THEN SMILED AND SAID THAT ABOUT SUMS UP OBAMA'S REIGN AS KING. ( VETERANS LIKE MYSELF KNOWS WHAT AN UPSIDE DOWN FLAG MEANS) flag misuse.jpg

US Code:T36 Ch10.176
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

I'd a stopped and had a conversation with the person in charge... Either that or just fix it.
I'm not a vet, but that pisses me off!

That isnt freedom of speech, we DO have flag laws and any leo with a sense of patriotism would enforce said law.

I dislike where this country is headed but I LOVE this country and wouldnt dare live anywhere else.

Flag burners and folks who hang the flag inappropriately disgust me. If you dont like it here, get out.
America is the one country that teaches self loathing and anti nationalism in schools.. We've shifted from American Exceptionalism to the scapegoat of all problems and the butt of every joke.

It's not a sign of disrespect for the flag.

It's being flow that way because it IS how you do it when under duress and/or extreme danger... Seems to me we're 2 for 2 on that and someone is just tellin' it like it is. o_O

Now... start burning it, dragging it on the ground, stomping on it, smearing excrement on it, pissing on it, then you need your arse whooped.

I'll even state I don't like shirts, hats, pants, or any other article of clothing that looks like it was made out of (or from) a U.S. flag. I refuse to buy, let alone wear anything remotely like it. Now if it has a U.S. flag ON it, that's a different story.

Last Edited:
That isnt freedom of speech, we DO have flag laws and any leo with a sense of patriotism would enforce said law.

I dislike where this country is headed but I LOVE this country and wouldnt dare live anywhere else.

Flag burners and folks who hang the flag inappropriately disgust me. If you dont like it here, get out.
America is the one country that teaches self loathing and anti nationalism in schools.. We've shifted from American Exceptionalism to the scapegoat of all problems and the butt of every joke.

Interestingly enough Thursday night the wife and I attended a music program put on by the 2nd graders here in Silverton. One of our grand daughters was in it. The whole thing was actually very patriotic. And while it did stress that we are all alike in the world and how important getting along with each other is it also stressed how important our community or city our state and our country is to us. I kept waiting for the Liberal Jack Boot to drop and it never did. The kids held up posters for various things around town and sang about how we lived in such a special place and that we should be proud of where we all lived.

And my Granddaughter was beautiful as always!

First I do agree it would upset me to see it but I also agree with the fact that not only is the Postal service is in distress but in my opinion this country in general is in dire straits.

The federal run postal services has been losing money for many, many years and we all know it yet we the tax payer are forced to keep it alive. The US is 18 trillion in debt and still spending and we have a president that does not listen to the people just an agenda. No he is not the first to do this but he seems to be the first to not hide the fact.

So I for one agree it should be flown upside down but not just that one all of them. In my opinion this country is on a cliff edge about ready to fall off and if we the people don't stop the madness we will be piled up at the bottom with no way back and in my opinion this country will be lost.

Call me crazy, tin foil hat or anything else you want but I do feel this country is in dire straits and every day we inch closer to the edge of the cliff.

So yes the flag should be flown upside down!

It's not a sign of disrespect for the flag.

It's being flow that way because it IS how you do it when under duress and/or extreme danger... Seems to me we're 2 for 2 on that and someone is just tellin' it like it is. o_O

I suppose.. But I dont think that highly of people.. I bet he was just being an arse.

That is the sign of distress/duress. I have heard of instances where cops, driving through a town have seen the upside down flag inside a house, and, stopped to see if the person inside is ok. I have been putting stamps on my mail with a flag on them upside down every since this president has taken office. And, i tell others about my idea. Why do i do it, because i feel this nation is and has been in a state of distress every since bho was elected.

I love the idea of what United States of America once stood for. Being a younger American growing up in a more later society I fear this country has become something less of what it was. I'm no veteran nor am I a fan of our current wars. I appreciate the fight are current military members are fighting. I don't understand why they signed up though! The politicians won when they did sign up for this "war on terror". This country is in a shameful trouble. We are loosing every liberty we won not a short while ago. There is little fight left, if none at all. I agree with this persons choice to hang the flag upside down. The shame it may have on the country you once knew is very subjective. Hate this person if you must, I applaud him/her.

With all that said, go ahead call me a pessimist. Call me a coward. I'd love to see any of you stand up and do something more than a ballet count, I dare you. You'll be written off as a crazed extremist, or cop killer, on the news and be forgotten in less time than the broadcast airs.

Rant over!

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews