JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All these Healthy Henrys don't want to have a stick or what I like, the collapsible walking stick that have a pointy end cap under the rubber boot. Not everything is worth shooting but alot could use a little poke to get the message across.
YEP! For those who will not carry a gun a decent walking stick is well worth it. Using it like a pike will often intimidate smaller than you, aggressive animals like that cat. Not to mention they are just nice for walking over uneven ground even when you are young and healthy.

A little poke??? Have you ever been in close quarters with a large sow with cubs? Maybe between a female lyon and a set of twin cubs ? I wanna watch you do work with a sharp aluminum walking stick!
It will beat the hell out of holding that phone in front of you to film it all going down. Many people just refuse to carry a gun when walking in the "wild". I have known many who owned guns at home who scoffed at me when we went camping or fishing because I always carried. For those who just insist the world is like watching Disney that walking stick will go a lot farther than the phone they all do have. :s0092:

There are worse places than the woods to be without a gun....recently working in downtown Philly on Kensington st and I would of gave my left nut for just a walking stick
This again is sadly often people who own a gun that are caught wishing they had one. A LOT of gun owners will not keep one with them. They are playing the odds. Chances are they will win, go their entire life and never need a gun even at home. Sadly every day someone does wish they had one with them who did not. Those who get caught without? Will sucks to be you but, you did it to yourself by making that choice. :s0092:

This again is sadly often people who own a gun that are caught wishing they had one. A LOT of gun owners will not keep one with them. They are playing the odds. Chances are they will win, go their entire life and never need a gun even at home. Sadly every day someone does wish they had one with them who did not. Those who get caught without? Will sucks to be you but, you did it to yourself by making that choice. :s0092:
I wasn't allowed to carry in PA or I would have. I worked in Cali and drove down there I carried every day while working

I wasn't allowed to carry in PA or I would have. I worked in Cali and drove down there I carried every day while working
This is again risk vs reward. I lived in AZ for a long time going back and forth. This state had what amounted to shall issue long before I turned 21. AZ we never could get a CC law passed. To get "caught" there was a misdemeanor. So I carried anyway. To me the odds of me being stopped and searched were so small compared to the risk I would need the gun? Same thing for jobs. Worked many jobs where carry was not allowed and I did anyway. Same reason. I never felt the need to show the gun to anyone so the only way I was going to be "found out" was if I needed it. In that case I would find another job. These are choices everyone has to make for themselves of course. I am NOT advocating for other to follow what I did.

That's what I always figured too. So, just how fast can you pick up a rock and hurl it? Did you notice the speed of that cat's paws pounding the ground when he was false charging? Are you pretty quick with that bend-over-pick-up-rock-stand-up-throw-rock routine? Just sayin'.
Yeah but at one point he looked like he had some distance, I mean takes 2 secs to pick up a rock if you're not holding a phone! I would rather do that than try and sweet talk it from eating me? He had ample time to grab a rock and hurl it at it, even if he doesn't hit it it could spook it enough to realize it's not dealing with scared prey.

It will beat the hell out of holding that phone in front of you to film it all going down. Many people just refuse to carry a gun when walking in the "wild". I have known many who owned guns at home who scoffed at me when we went camping or fishing because I always carried. For those who just insist the world is like watching Disney that walking stick will go a lot farther than the phone they all do have. :s0092:
My wife, who isn't big on firearms, asked me to bring one when we were road tripping/camping in bear country. Not that she would tell me I can't she is just a very practical lady who understands the adage of "always expect the unexpected".
The greatest irony is just how good she is with firearms!

I've only had one close encounter with a Cougar.
For those who are concerned about potential encounters with cougars there is a new species of Cougar that is evolving. These are ones who had planned to mate for life but lost their male companions due to death or other circumstances.

This new breed has adequate resources for survival and is well equipped to re-enter the wilderness. Because of it's years of cohabitating with a dedicated male it is considerably more dangerous than it's current male counterpart, is very sly and cunning and bears considerable watching.

It is very selective and will take whatever new male companion it chooses. Even the strongest male can fall victim as it displays a larger more comfortable cave/home it has created, ample sustenance and comfort. Also because of it's years of coexistence with a dedicated male, and possible domination by same, it will no longer allow itself to be controlled and will, in fact, demand control over any new male it takes as a companion.

This new breed displays an insatiable desire to mate and any incapacity, carelessness or neglect by it's new male companion will result in his immediate ejection from the cave/nest by the now dominate female.

Last Edited:
Yeah but at one point he looked like he had some distance, I mean takes 2 secs to pick up a rock if you're not holding a phone! I would rather do that than try and sweet talk it from eating me? He had ample time to grab a rock and hurl it at it, even if he doesn't hit it it could spook it enough to realize it's not dealing with scared prey.
Or piss it off more!

That was a 50# cat....now try a 150# cat! Cougars do choke out easy
True. I'm guessing it'd be something like this
Screenshot_20230401_213646.jpg

True. I'm guessing it'd be something like this
View attachment 1395697
LOL reminds me of a guy saying how to stop a military police dog. "When it leaps up at you you ram your forearm as far as possible into its jaws, it can't bite down".
I really wanted him to put his theory to the test as he was a real jerk, I imagined this mass of teeth and muscle chewing on his arm like I eat a chicken wing 🤣

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews