JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I read this in a NY Times article:

"At Rapid Fire Arms, a gun shop along the main road in Sandy, the owner, Brian Coleman, has sold 4.5 million rounds of ammunition since March."

what the heck you guys out in Sandy need that much ammo for?

Most folks from Sandy got their first rifle on their 5th birthday and their first chainsaw on their 6th. Rural people love guns and know how to fight so if you want to f around you will find out. Sandy borders Gresham and right now Gresham is a total bubblegumhole.

Last Edited:
because they offer a different view point from the perspective of Liberals and I still have to try to understand them to communicate in the real World

even La Center, Wa has a lot of liberals living there

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seems like lazy, sensationalist newspaper math to me.

Let's say that the population of Sandy is about 12K ( which seems about right according to the interweb), half of them or more are of legal firearm owning age for the sake of argument, and of those 1/2 are gun owners purchasing ammunition, so maybe 3K gun owners and ammo buyers in Sandy proper.

So for the mental math game lets assume 3K gun owners in Sandy, Oregon go out and purchase a 500 round brick of 22 LR. Not really a crazy purchase, I would expect that many here find that a "normal" purchase and wouldn't raise the eyes of the salesperson. Holy bubblegume!

3kX500=1,500,00.

And that could only be for a month!

Extrapolate that from April through August and you have a time of five months. 1,500,000X5=7,500,000

Remember that this is still in .22LR.

Rapid Fire is a great shop in my dealings with and fully support them.

I guess since Walmart quit selling ammo, shooters have to go somewhere

I talked to the Sporting Goods manager at Walmart in Woodland in Jan

she told me 50% of her departments sales was ammo - and Walmart gave that up for political correctness

I have at least 50K rounds of ammo stored in my shop.

About 35K of that is rimfire.

Imagine that multiplied by 1K people; ten times what the article commented on.

Remember the thread I started on "super" gun owners?

The Pareto Principle (80/20 rule)?

I imagine it is true for people who buy ammo too; i.e., maybe 80% of the ammo bought and stored is purchased by 20% of the gun owners/shooters?

The NY Times once did an article/pictorial on my favorite, supposedly secret fishin' hole.
One doosh in the bunch spilled the beans.
True story.

Hey NY Times, mind your own friggin business !!!

I guess since Walmart quit selling ammo, shooters have to go somewhere

I talked to the Sporting Goods manager at Walmart in Woodland in Jan

she told me 50% of her departments sales was ammo - and Walmart gave that up for political correctness

Walmart still sells ammo, except no pistol ammo and no .223/5.56. Not sure what else they quit selling, but they still sell shotgun shells, probably most rifle hunting calibers and still sell some guns. Smart move on their part because everybody knows you can't kill anyone with a shotgun or a hunting rifle. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
When the big city gun stores and online operations run out of ammo, not everyone just gives up, especially the new gun buyers. I remember just before the `08 shortage telling a new gun purchaser to buy ammo now while he can. Never should have said anything. He bought the store out of .380 right then and there. It was all ball ammo too, no SD rounds left.

Walmart still sells ammo, except no pistol ammo and no .223/5.56. Not sure what else they quit selling, but they still sell shotgun shells, probably most hunting calibers and still sell some guns. Smart move on their part because everybody knows you can't kill anyone with a shotgun or a hunting rifle. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
and pistol ammo and .223 was most of their sales in Woodland
such shops don't move a lot of hunting ammo
when my neighbor bought his Rem 7mm Mag 8 years ago, he also bought a 20 rnd box of ammo
he fires 2 rnds a year, one to verify zero and one to get his elk

Who really cares what NYT says? Even if it was 10x that I don't see why it's newsworthy.
I didn't see it as newsworthy that many of us build firearms in our garage
yet not to long ago every Liberal newspaper in the country was ranting about "ghost guns"
and it was a SHOCK to Liberals that people like us can actually assemble a working firearm legally at home
as well as load our own ammunition
and how is that "newsworthy"?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show