JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Just curious in the difference in reaction to the terrorist shooting in San Bernardino almost two years ago compared to the mad man killing people in Las Vegas. According to reports they also used bump stock fitted rifles and there was almost zero fall out over that device. The focus was on AR15s and immigration. This not a shark vs alligator, which bite is worse. It's an interesting look at reactions.

If you watch the YT link on SB shooting the reported ended with a statement about, uh, 15...er...magazine limits where she was reporting from in the state of Colorado. Again, how long does it take seemingly educated people (reporters) to learn basic subjects over the period of 8-10 years? Especially if they are going to talk about again and again?

If I was to hazard a guess, I would think it comes down to motive. We all know what the San Bernardino couple had for a motive but we don't even have a solid timeline yet on the Vegas shooting, and considering the moneyed interests involved in pushing one version of a timeline to mitigate liability, we probably never will have it. Anyway, this leaves people who want to "do something now" without many targets aside from the noted accessory.

Probably even more than that though, is that the San Bernardino shooters hit many fewer people.

My point of view, or one of them is, the SB attack was a big news story. CNN, FOX and all the world media covered that with the big news personalities. Even in the link I used they talked about slide fire and bump stocks. Two years later the same media, same people are saying and pretending they never heard of them. Some how bump stocks slid under their radar. Where was the need to act 2 years ago? Why pretend? Well I know it's feigned indignation towards the gun culture and for those who really weren't paying attention. As far as motive, killing in the name of a religion or killing in the name of pizza is the same.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews