JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just saw this on the news tonight but can't find an online link yet. Evidently several witnesses saw a shoplifter trying to leave the scene at the Coastal Farm and Ranch in Marrysville WA. One or more of the bystanders that we're trying to stop the perp from leaving in their vehicle, fired and shot out tire or tires of the vehicle and didn't stick around to make a statement. Police are now seeking them out to get a statement. Bad shoot that reflects badly on legal gun owners of WA is my opinion. Seems excessive and reckless for just shoplifting. What does everybody think?

Just saw this on the news tonight but can't find an online link yet. Evidently several witnesses saw a shoplifter trying to leave the scene at the Coastal Farm and Ranch in Marrysville WA. One or more of the bystanders that we're trying to stop the perp from leaving in their vehicle, fired and shot out tire or tires of the vehicle and didn't stick around to make a statement. Police are now seeking them out to get a statement. Bad shoot that reflects badly on legal gun owners of WA is my opinion. Seems excessive and reckless for just shoplifting. What does everybody think?
I agree. If no life is being immediately threatened and nobody is pointing a gun at you then keep it in its holster. I exercise good judgment every day. In my neighborhood, I have ample opportunities to help get cats out of trees. However, I choose to exercise good judgement and keep it in the holster.

I'm sure the police want more than a statement, that was a very dumb move and not very conducive to keeping ones rites intact. People like that do us a great deal of harm by fueling the antis fire. Damn lucky they didn't hurt or kill anyone.:mad:

cant play police. IMO let'm have it! no amount of material items is worth shooting at someone. now the guys gotta answer for discharging his firearm

I got a text into a buddy who's wife works at that store to see if I can find out more. Hopefully it wasn't her as I know she just purchased a handgun and has been practicing with it lol.

when i worked at GI JOES 12 years ago, we were trained to 'take down' shoplifters by the loss prevention team.

i told my boss as much as id love to tackle some shoplifter im not gonna do it; fire me if you must but im not dealing with the legal reprocussions.

My understanding is the suspected shoplifters are in custody but the shooters have not been contacted as of yet.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top