JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My mom tried to post this on a thread today to let all you guys know how much he loved your forum and the people in this community.

"Dear readers and friends of salmonriver john( john profitt) I am his wife of 37 blessed years and I sign up to inform you all that this was his very last post. I am letting you all know that he had a massive heart attack in his sleep Wed night and although his son performed CPR for 20 minutes and the paramedics another 20 we did not succeed in bringing him back. I want you all to know how much he loved this site and talking to you all."

Please make sure you take the time to tell someone you love how you feel often. He was 58 and this came way too soon.

She said she's putting his ashes into an ammo can.

Being a fairly new member here I can't say that I had a chance to get to know your Father or read many of his posts. But reading all the replies to this thread shows me that he was well though of, willing to share his knowledge of the shooting sports and had many friends here.
That says all I need to know about the man, and when my time comes I hope the same can be said of me..
Please know that you and your family have our deepest sympathies and our condolences.
Y'all will be in our thoughts and prayers this day.

Tully

Damn, that was hard to read:(.

John helped me, as did many others, thru a very hard time in my life by showing support and just knowing I wasn't alone.

He was a major contributor here and someone that, even though we never met in person, I would call a friend.

My heart goes out to his family as I can only imagine how this loss is affecting them. I know my chest is hollow from this news and my eyes have something in them.

I will keep our conversations in my inbox and think fondly of him often.

May your family get thru this tragedy and your spirit remembered forever on the internet.

Prayers and best wishes to him and his family.

Rest In Peace Sir.

Sorry for your loss, we appreciated his presence and knowledge on this forum.

I had the pleasure of talking with John on the telephone many times. He had a big personality and an even bigger sense of humor! We shared growing up in SE PDX, though he was a bit younger than me. To his Mrs and kids, you are in our prayers!
John, Godspeed!

I lost my father the exact same way at age 46.
An indescribable numbness sets in when something like this happens to a family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to salmomriverjohn's family.

I just saw this. Condolences to the family as I lost my father in the same manner when he was 56. It really is too soon to have a loved one taken from you. He will be missed as I enjoyed his posts and had the pleasure of having a couple of conversations with him on this forum. I regret I never had the chance to meet him personally.

I am so sorry for your loss. I met John a few months ago when I sold him a Winchester 30-30. He was such a nice guy and I could tell he loved his family very much, he told me how he was buying the rifle for one of his grandkids and that he couldn't wait for them to get their first deer with it.

He told me how he and his family loved shooting and even invited me to his property to shoot sometime.

This is just a total shock.

R.I.P John.

I can't read this whole thread!:( I am sooo sorry for your loss! John is one of the good guys and there aren't very many of them left in this world. Rest in peace @salmonriverjohn you will be missed my friend.

Rock the ranges in the sky and show them all how to do it my friend. You will be missed here at NWFA! :(

I'm so sorry for the families loss, I hope the family find peace and comfort during the during this hard transition.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

I've posted this before for passings. Forgive me, it has impact for me...

Fear no more the heat o' the sun,
Nor the furious winter's rages;
Thou thy worldly task hast done,
Home art gone, and ta'en thy wages:
Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Fear no more the frown o' the great;
Thou art past the tyrant's stroke;
Care no more to clothe and eat;
To thee the reed is as the oak:
The scepter, learning, physic, must
All follow this, and come to dust.

Fear no more the lightning flash,
Nor the all-dreaded thunder stone;
Fear not slander, censure rash;
Thou hast finished joy and moan:
All lovers young, all lovers must
Consign to thee, and come to dust.

No exorciser harm thee!
Nor no witchcraft charm thee!
Ghost unlaid forbear thee!
Nothing ill come near thee!
Quiet consummation have;
And renownèd be thy grave!

This reply by John in a post shows the kind of man he was, he loved his family.

I could have done it with that old Winchester .30-30, it turned out to be a hell of a shooter, thank you so much by the way, but the grins on my Grandkids folks's face was well worth it:s0155:

I wish I would have had the chance to take him up on his offer to go shooting with him, I would have loved to to get to know him better! He seemed like one awesome guy!

Oh, Man. This is a tough one. John and I saw eye to eye on most things and I considered him a friend. He was one member I really wanted to meet face to face. I am really going to miss him around here.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top