JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@dirtysteve, I'm so sorry to hear that your father passed away :(. He was a regular contributor and valuable member of our community, and his loss will be felt by all.

Next time I shoot, I will send some rounds downrange in his memory/honor.

Thank you for taking the time to share this news with us. My deepest sympathies and my prayers to you, your mother and the rest of your family at this very difficult time.

Last Edited:
My mom tried to post this on a thread today to let all you guys know how much he loved your forum and the people in this community.

"Dear readers and friends of salmonriver john( john profitt) I am his wife of 37 blessed years and I sign up to inform you all that this was his very last post. I am letting you all know that he had a massive heart attack in his sleep Wed night and although his son performed CPR for 20 minutes and the paramedics another 20 we did not succeed in bringing him back. I want you all to know how much he loved this site and talking to you all."

Please make sure you take the time to tell someone you love how you feel often. He was 58 and this came way too soon.

She said she's putting his ashes into an ammo can.
From John's posts here it was clear he was thankful for his wife and family. I believe we all hope those left behind don't forget who we were, remember all of the good things, and gracefully forgive our shortcomings. God bless your family and may you always have fond memories.

Peace to Johns family, he was a great guy. I enjoyed the conversations we had on here and sharing our love of all things north coast. Not what any of us expect to hear.

I shall toast his memory today and put a couple mags down range this afternoon. Until we all meet on that great range in the sky somewhere.....

Oh my goodness.......I am so sorry for your loss. It's a loss for the board to as John was one of the regular (good) guys here.

Never convo'd with him, but followed his considered commentary through many threads for years.

He will be missed, and thought of fondly by many of us here.

Deepest condolences to the family....too young.... too soon. :-(

Just saw this thread this Saturday morning.... geez.

Im terribly sorry for your loss, and we share in that loss with you. I enjoyed his posts in this forum, and he made me laugh on more than a few occasions.

Today, I will indeed be more than circumspect of the loved ones in my life and the blessing they are to me, as we're only here in this life for a short time.

I hoist a glass in salmonriverjohn's memory. May we all learn to make good use of the short time we have on this earth.

John and I had aspirations of getting together and fishing together once he retired.
We had much in common as we worked in the same field (telephone splicing), we knew some of the same people in the West coast contracting loop and had a passion for the great outdoors. We both advocated for cleaner waters, sound wildlife management and responsibility for the actions of all outdoorsman.

God bless you and your family brother.

To the family of @salmonriverjohn I'm certain as you read the responses you are finding how well he was loved by this community. He never had a bad word to say about anybody and I always looked forward to his posts. I'm certain that should I pass those pearly gates in the future he will be there showing us new guys where the best hunting and fishing spots are. My condolences for your loss and you are all in my prayers.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top