JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sorry for your loss.
He and I seem to agree a lot.
His Blacktail hunting stories were very usueful.
This life is such a small moment in enternity.

I will miss this man.

With love.

Last Edited:
It's sometimes said, that the true measure of a man is in the fond memories, selfless acts, inspiration, and fellowship he leaves behind for his family and friends...
...They will certainly mourn his passing, but will revere his memory.

(Though from what I've read, fish may have a different take on things!)

Probably more than a couple of branch bulls in the Coast Range not looking back over their shoulders as much either.

Why is it the good ones seem to go too early? Very sorry to hear of your loss. So hard to lose someone especially so unexpectedly! The family will be included in the prayers tonight! May God give you peace!

Godspeed salmonriverjohn!
You were a great friend, mentor, hunter, angler, woodsman, rancher, and out doorsman.

Thank you for all the great examples.

Thank you for your patriotic family.

Rest in peace.

:s0047:

My mom tried to post this on a thread today to let all you guys know how much he loved your forum and the people in this community.

"Dear readers and friends of salmonriver john( john profitt) I am his wife of 37 blessed years and I sign up to inform you all that this was his very last post. I am letting you all know that he had a massive heart attack in his sleep Wed night and although his son performed CPR for 20 minutes and the paramedics another 20 we did not succeed in bringing him back. I want you all to know how much he loved this site and talking to you all."

Please make sure you take the time to tell someone you love how you feel often. He was 58 and this came way too soon.

She said she's putting his ashes into an ammo can.

I am so sorry for your loss and will forever miss the person [Salmon River John] I had hoped someday to meet in reality. We each said a few words here and there but an outdoors men knows the difference between a few words and the world in which we have lived and enjoyed over our lifetime. Gonna miss you John
Silver Hand

I'm new here, and was unfamiliar with salmonriverjohn, but I did see his last post.
We loved and lived the same woods, so I will think of him next time I'm up there. I hope his spirit is still around those woods enjoying them, as they're pretty close to heaven.
My condolences to his family.

I don't know why but it is has really bothered me since I learned of Johns passing, I only met him once but he just made a big impression on me as such a nice and great guy.

I googled his name last week to find his obituary and learn more about him. I hesitated to post this but I don't think the family would mind me posting it.

Rescuers wade into a Lincoln County creek to pull family to safety

Take your time and read the article, John was truly an amazing man, I wish could have gotten to known him better!

As I have said in other posts condolences to the family and we have lost one of our great members. But his legacy and the posts he made will be with us for a long time. A day has not gone by, reading posts and likes on this site that I have not run across Salmonriverjohn and each time I feel a twinge and remember sadly that he is gone and that we are no longer graced by his presence.

I don't know why but it is has really bothered me since I learned of Johns passing, I only met him once but he just made a big impression on me as such a nice and great guy.

I googled his name last week to find his obituary and learn more about him. I hesitated to post this but I don't think the family would mind me posting it.

Rescuers wade into a Lincoln County creek to pull family to safety

Take your time and read the article, John was truly an amazing man, I wish could have gotten to known him better!
That is awesome story thanks for posting that like I said before only the good die young OK thanks now I have to go get the tears out of my eyes

Now that I have read that story and the fact that he's from Lincoln city OR I'm going to have to check but I think my brother inlaw is friends with someone related to the Profits I'm almost positive I have heard him speak of the profits when he met my sister before they got married he was fishing out of Newport and she was stationed in Newport coastguard I'm going to have to ask him tomorrow

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top